TAILGATING

BILLYBOBSTEXAS

I see Illinois is getting rid of it. IMO it's a bad move. Tailgating has always been a huge part of football Saturday for me. Thoughts?

There won't be a season so it doesn't matter. I predicted 10 years ago that Barta would lead to the end of tailgating in IC and I think I will be proven right.

I'm going to tailgate every saturday anyway, and just watch an old game on our 12-foot inflatable movie screen with the projector. My hot dogs won't be $8 each.

And since it'll be outdoors, every game will be a night game. Until November. Screw that.

If games are played, UI can't keep fans from tailgating on private property. Iowa City can, though. We'll see.

If games are played, UI can't keep fans from tailgating on private property. Iowa City can, though. We'll see.

This has to be a wet dream for University Heights. The courts have basically suspended vast swaths of the Constitution and University Heights is probably the closest thing in the State of Iowa to an HOA exercising unfettered discretion. If I lived there and was going to tailgate, I'd get a giant BLM banner printed and play "F the Police" on repeat as loud as my stereo could go just to give me a fighting chance in court in case I got arrested.

Latest posts