Tailgating Info for saturday request

OlRustyBoy

Looking to get some information about tailgating saturday. I haven't been to Iowa City tailgating in over 10 years. Where are some good places to tailgate now and how early will I need to get there? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Go Hawks!!

Finkbine commuter lot is easy to get to near Carver. Good group. 2:30 kick off, I would be there no later than 9AM

Lots of good places. Golf course, Fink commuter, magic bus

Get there early...I would say 9AM or prior.

I really like the Finkbine golf course for ease of getting in and out along with atmosphere. It's right on Melrose so it's easy to get to, it's also usually the last to fill up. It also has the added advantage of being in University Heights were the officers don't enforce the open container laws (or at least they haven't so far).

I personally like Hancher. Exit #244 off of I-80 (Dubuque street)

Easy in and out...good traffic control afterwards.

Dedicated Cambus's run directly to Kinnick starting 2 hours before gametime (free). They run up to an hour after the game is over.

You can tailgate. I'd be there by 9 am. Not sure of the liquor laws, but because you're on UI property, I'd assume they're the same as the Kinnick lots.

If you park at Finkbine don't carry an open beer as you head to the stadium for the game, as you're likely to end up staring at MelroseGuy in the Poky. Of course, at that point you could always join him in his Class Action Lawsuit.

You wouldn't happen to be a lawyer would you? ;)

Edit: Sorry Tweeter, I skipped right over your post!

No I'm not a lawyer. Sounds like he is gonna need a jackie childs to pull off his lawsuit though.

Thanks for the all the info.

Latest posts