Step Away From The Ledge

SomersHawk

Browsing through the posts and wondering where all the optimism went? So what the Hawks missed out on a golden opportunity to win a game I highly doubt ANY OF US had penciled in for a W. Ya it sucks, but is there any doubt they left it all out there and feel way worse than any of us?

Look at the positives!

The HAWKS were clearly the better team, even without PM and zero points from JBO and CM. Hit their normal FT percentage and they win going away.

Perkins has become the STUD we thought he would be and is going to be HUGE going forward.

The talent on this TEAM is amazing! Haven't been many like it.

Nothing has changed, the HAWKS are still a team peaking like madmen and are going to be a tough out in both tourneys.

ENJOY THE REST OF THE RIDE!

Browsing through the posts and wondering where all the optimism went? So what the Hawks missed out on a golden opportunity to win a game I highly doubt ANY OF US had penciled in for a W. Ya it sucks, but is there any doubt they left it all out there and feel way worse than any of us?

Look at the positives!

The HAWKS were clearly the better team, even without PM and zero points from JBO and CM. Hit their normal FT percentage and they win going away.

Perkins has become the STUD we thought he would be and is going to be HUGE going forward.

The talent on this TEAM is amazing! Haven't been many like it.

Nothing has changed, the HAWKS are still a team peaking like madmen and are going to be a tough out in both tourneys.

ENJOY THE REST OF THE RIDE!

Most Excellent Post, SomersHawk

Agree with this post. I actually thought Iowa lost the game when they had a 15 point lead in the first half, and blew a couple easy buckets. They let Illinois back in the game at the end of the first half. If Iowa holds or extends that lead, Illinois comes out of halftime with a bigger monkey on their back. Credit Iowa for taking body blows in the second half and coming back. Even with terrible FT shooting, we had a wide open 3 to win the game that rimmed out.

Iowa can beat anyone in this conference. Let's see a 4 day run!

Agree with this post. I actually thought Iowa lost the game when they had a 15 point lead in the first half, and blew a couple easy buckets. They let Illinois back in the game at the end of the first half. If Iowa holds or extends that lead, Illinois comes out of halftime with a bigger monkey on their back. Credit Iowa for taking body blows in the second half and coming back. Even with terrible FT shooting, we had a wide open 3 to win the game that rimmed out.

Iowa can beat anyone in this conference. Let's see a 4 day run!
I was really frustrated with how the 1st half ended... Shoulda been up 10 at least and yet those last 4 possessions couldn't have been much worse. Fran shoulda burned a TO yet kept em in his pocket..

Using TOs is not a science. In retrospect, I might have used the TO and changed the line-up, but a lot of coaches with a big lead are not going to panic if the other team goes on a run. That happens almost every game where a big lead develops. Its a game of ebb and flow and its easy to second guess.

Fran coaches plenty good enough for Iowa to win that game. The team just choked at the line. Simple truth.

Great game! Confidence building yet showed some things to make sure are sewn up. Team-wise that is. Fran and the timeouts and the 2 foul rule are another matter. Not sure if those will change.

Anything can happen in any game but I'm on the optimistic side of things here. We improving, competing, mostly winning, and the team including coaches seem to be on the same page and in good spirits. I like our upside. More games more improvement. If we don't win the Big Ten we still have a great opportunity to go deeper than any other McCaffery team has gone in the big dance. Basketball life is good.

Yeah don't think anyone should be on the ledge after a 2 point loss to the B1G champions on their court. Iowa lost that game, IL didn't win it. Hell, I am hopeful we see them again in the B1G CT - neutral court Iowa is 6-8 points better "right now" imo - they weren't earlier in the year tho

I don't think anybody expected this team to be where it ended at. Everything is a bonus now and I think they are going to be a tough out in the NCAA tournament playing teams that have not played or schemed against them. It might be interesting and a fun ride. Buckle up peoples!!

I really like the unity of this team. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching this team, especially since they shored up their defense and rebounding.

Nothing to worry about, except some free throw practice.

Great regular season finish: T4th in Big Ten.

The only thing that matters in college basketball now is the NCAA tournament, and we will be dancing.
The free throws were frustrating, to be sure. After a bit, I thought about the possibility of fatigue influencing their lack of success shooting FTs against Illinois. They are otherwise very good at FTs, and playing two big road games in a week at the end of the regular season. Just a thought. We'll be fine!