SOFT

This team and coaching staff are just soft. In a game like this you go strong to the rim, yet Uthoff Mr. underhand finger roll, Woodbury won't go back up with 2 easy layups, and Jok can only shoot if no one is around him, we settle for jumpers when we should get to the line. We have one offensive set and not a single player that can break down a defense. We play defense on a team that drains 3 pointers and let them shoot, flat out stupid! No fire, no passion, and a coach that would rather scream than coach. He has lost this team, they don't listen, they have no options and the seniors aren't getting it done. They look to their coach for advice and he holds on to time outs like they mean something. Use them all, motivate your team, on senior night your seniors aren't mentally ready to play. Something is wrong, I personally think they are tired, one and done in the NCAA again. Fran can not get a team to the next level, that is for sure, he can get us there, but can not keep us there. We were 3 in the country, and now we will be a 6 seed.

Speaking of soft, are you on your couch or in an office chair when call out college athletes from your keyboard?

Speaking of soft, are you on your couch or in an office chair when call out college athletes from your keyboard?

Wow, I was a college athlete, so maybe you going after me is just stupid and you should look at what issues with an underperforming team.

So pathetic that you get personal as you talk about a post on a message board. Wow, what a world we live in that someone can't put up a post on a message board with an IDIOT making it personal!

Wow, I was a college athlete, so maybe you going after me is just stupid and you should look at what issues with an underperforming team.

So pathetic that you get personal as you talk about a post on a message board. Wow, what a world we live in that someone can't put up a post on a message board with an IDIOT making it personal!

I don't care if you are Michael Jordan. Calling out college kids in anonymity like that is just dumb. Especially a group of kids who have dug Iowa out of the darkest period of basketball in its history. You sound as though you just started watching this team in January. Maybe go back and catch up on the history of Iowa basketball a bit.

As for the 'next level' BS, make sure you read up on Steve Alford and the 'next level' he took this team to.

I think CBB gone soft last decade. 70's was the best decade for CBB. Maybe we retire those refs and let the game play out without refs.

This team and coaching staff are just soft. In a game like this you go strong to the rim, yet Uthoff Mr. underhand finger roll, Woodbury won't go back up with 2 easy layups, and Jok can only shoot if no one is around him, we settle for jumpers when we should get to the line. We have one offensive set and not a single player that can break down a defense. We play defense on a team that drains 3 pointers and let them shoot, flat out stupid! No fire, no passion, and a coach that would rather scream than coach. He has lost this team, they don't listen, they have no options and the seniors aren't getting it done. They look to their coach for advice and he holds on to time outs like they mean something. Use them all, motivate your team, on senior night your seniors aren't mentally ready to play. Something is wrong, I personally think they are tired, one and done in the NCAA again. Fran can not get a team to the next level, that is for sure, he can get us there, but can not keep us there. We were 3 in the country, and now we will be a 6 seed.

That's a little optimistic right there.

Whats even more maddening about Woodbury not looking at the rim is Bryant was in the game with 4 fouls for many of them. He wasnt picking up his 5th and more than likely would have conceded the layup

Lunardi said we have too many quality wins to drop lower than a 6. Since I know who he is and I have no idea who you are I will go with Lunardi on this one.

He also said earlier in the previous game aired last night regarding Gonzaga, that it doesn't matter what he thinks, but what the committee thinks. In other words, no guarantees regarding our seed.

What was your sport and record?

I was a colleg athlete, but only for one year, and accomplished very little.

Details matter.

D1 best finish second round of NCAA tournament. 4 year letter winner.

I'd say that qualifies you as more knowledgeable than 99+% more than the rest of us.

The soft play has been my concern with this team all along. As the season has progressed and the stakes have increased, other teams are laying it all on the line... when push comes to shove, we back down from contact.

Thank you.

Signed,

Mr. Paragraph

Lunardi said we have too many quality wins to drop lower than a 6. Since I know who he is and I have no idea who you are I will go with Lunardi on this one.

In addition, Iowa really hasn't had any bad blow-out or completely unexplanable losses. We've had a free-fall but these losses have been close.

Latest posts