So who's better, Jok or Morgan?

LOLOL, who was the UNI troll? Oh heck there were a couple other trolls parading as Hawk fans that said Morgan was better than Jok, and that Lohaus is a B1G player. LOLOL....

Fairfax maybe? You could tell Jok was worth the scholarship right away based on shooting alone. Now he has become a great defender and is getting a better all around offensive game. He could very well be 1st team all conference next year.

One only needs to ever look at Jok's shot and you can find your answer. He has the best looking shot of any Iowa player I have ever seen. I remember seeing him for the first time live warming up before a PTL game. It was obvious to me then why we had brought Jok in rather than any of the West High boys.

Fairfax maybe? You could tell Jok was worth the scholarship right away based on shooting alone. Now he has become a great defender and is getting a better all around offensive game. He could very well be 1st team all conference next year.

Mark it right now, Jok will average more PPG next year than Uthoff this year. Iowa loses so much, and Pete ain't afraid to shoot it.

Jok has some serious stones. Some of the shots he took and knocked down the 2nd half tonight were just big time... Morgan is a good player but they aren't the same type of players at all. I'm really impressed with Joks overall game and short memory when he does miss a couple shots. He's really absorbed coaching well.
I would compare his game to a poor mans Ray Allen.... He's approaching that level of play. He isn't there yet. But between the rest of this season and next who says he's not capable of it?

Oh good old Fairfax. Those were some fun days until he disappeared after UNI lost in round 2 of the tourney agsinst Louisville.

Morgan is a very solid player but I thought based on Jok's shooting stoke and mentality alone he was the better pick day 1. I never saw the development on the defensive side though coming for Pete so big props to him for transforming his all around game.

I suspect Fran would have taken Morgan also if he had the extra scholly that year. It worked out for both programs.

Jok's progression on D has been mind blowing. It's like he flipped a switch... It's happened so quickly and it's a drastic change.

He used to be thought of as a liabbilty and just the other night he was matched up with Valentine man to man starting the game.

Jok's progression on D has been mind blowing. It's like he flipped a switch... It's happened so quickly and it's a drastic change.

He used to be thought of as a liabbilty and just the other night he was matched up with Valentine man to man starting the game.

I was never concerned about his stroke it was the other aspects of his game that had me worried. I will admit I was wrong he is more athletic than I gave him credit for. He has some length to him and he is using it, especially on the defensive end.

Latest posts