So do we have a chance Friday?

longtimer

I realize we a 11-0 and ranked #4 in playoff rankings and I think are a 1 point favorite. But if you listen to the various sports shows almost all the "experts" are picking Nebraska. They just continue to believe we are where we are primarily because of schedule. Frankly I think that is partially true but at the same time we are 11-0. Nebraska is 5-6 including a loss to Purdue among other less than stellar programs.
IMO we are better than we were last year and I'm not sure Nebraska is better than last years team. We obviously should have beat them last year! I think the weather might help us since we played in it last week and they didn't while the bye gives them a preparation advantage. We have to play better defense than we have the past 3 weeks. If we do I think it will be a good game and we know how to win in the 4th quarter.

If we can win this game I think it kind of validates what we have done so far and sets us up for a championship game. Gravy the rest of the way

Iowa is the absolute worst undefeated team in the history of football.

+

Nebraska is the best most awesome 5-6 team that should be playing for the national title

=

No chance

Last edited by a moderator:
Longtimer: You make some good points,I would add we know how to win and finish,Nebraska doesn't.If we get them out of there comfort zone they will fold.Just Win Baby 12-0 sounds real good.Go Hawks

The game should be very entertaining. Their crowd will be fired up, it is Senior Day, they have a bowl game on the line, and it is a rival/trophy game. On the flip side the Iowa coaches & players are not oblivious to what is being said and written, they understand exactly what they are playing for and remember what happened last year. I hope Iowa comes out and rips the Cornhuskers hearts out.

Longtimer: You make some good points,I would add we know how to win and finish,Nebraska doesn't.If we get them out of there comfort zone they will fold.Just Win Baby 12-0 sounds real good.Go Hawks
I don't think Nebraska is going to fold. They are playing for bowl eligibility. I think it will be much like last week versus Purdue. They will gamble and go for it a lot on 4th downs. Probably some trick plays and special teams risks taken. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

We're gonna **** pound Debbie! 37 - 24. You heard it right here! Call your bookies, call your Debbie family members. You're gonna be rich, byatch!!!!!

The Huskers aren't going to fold. If you've watched this team at all, the one thing they won't do is quit. They will shoot themselves in the foot with mistakes, but they aren't just going to go away. I expect a 4 quarter effort from both teams

Why does the great and powerful little red care so much about a crap December bowl? I don't get that being motivation.

I don't think Nebraska is going to fold. They are playing for bowl eligibility. I think it will be much like last week versus Purdue. They will gamble and go for it a lot on 4th downs. Probably some trick plays and special teams risks taken. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

This is is my worry. The fakes and tricks are coming. The D is going to have to play disciplined football.

Why does the great and powerful little red care so much about a crap December bowl? I don't get that being motivation.

I doubt the bowl game itself is motivation, but the following would be

Because it's the next game
Because 6 -6 would be better than 5 - 7.
Because Iowa is coming in at 11 - 0 and it's an opportunity to play spoiler
Because it's Senior Day
Because it's a rivalry game

Take your pick, there are plenty of reasons for motivation

It's a lot better to be able to say you went to a bowl than not. It's also very beneficial to a team to get in extra practice time in preparation for the bowl game.

Chance to go 12-0, return all the Trophy's back into the proper case and redemption from last seasons debacle. Iowa has lots to play for in Lincoln tomorrow..

Go Hawks!!!

After last season the players and coaches used last year's game against Nebraska as the motivating factor for the re-dedication factor for this entire season. Iowa will be highly motivated this game. The only way we lose is if we get out coached. I don't anticipate that happening but it would not surprise me if we have another fourth quarter nail biter.

Latest posts