Slightly OT - Best quick tacos in Iowa bracket

okeefe4prez

Seeding is based on number of locations nationally and primary burrito restaurants like Panchero's and Chipotle have intentionally been excluded from this tournament:

#1 seed Taco Bell versus #4 seed Taco Tico (Fort Dodge)
And in what will certainly be a Battle Royale between two titans in the Iowa fast food taco scene:
#2 seed Taco John's versus #3 seed Tasty Tacos

Please pick your first round winners along with your rationale and our proprietary algorithm will announce the winners in the coming days.

I have been eating Tasty Tacos in Des Moines since 1960 if not before. I have eaten Taco Tico and the other two types of Tacos and I vote for Tasty Tacos and another reason is their hot sauce is really good.

It has been awhile since I ate at the other three places not Tasty Tacos but Taco John's is # 2 in this list to me.

But there are a whole lot of taco hispanic food trucks in Des Moines that are really good as is Abelardos which is maybe best for the money.

I have been eating Tasty Tacos in Des Moines since 1960 if not before. I have eaten Taco Tico and the other two types of Tacos and I vote for Tasty Tacos and another reason is their hot sauce is really good.

It has been awhile since I ate at the other three places not Tasty Tacos but Taco John's is # 2 in this list to me.

But there are a whole lot of taco hispanic food trucks in Des Moines that are really good as is Abelardos which is maybe best for the money.
Okay, so you have voted for Tasty Tacos in the 2/3 game. What is your vote in the 1/4 game?

Taco John's. I have found several in Missouri. The closest is an 1 1/2 hours away. The others in SE MO. When I see one I stop. Every time Im back in Coralville, we go to TJs.

Taco Tico I guess. Only because I hate Taco Bell.

Okay, so you have voted for Tasty Tacos in the 2/3 game. What is your vote in the 1/4 game?

Oh by far voting for Tasty Tacos. Taco Bell is behind Taco Johns for third in my book.

Tasty Tacos is like homemade Mexican food and the reason I know is when I was young there was a decent amount of hispanics in Des Moines and my sisters loved to order a dozen or two homemade tacos and or enchiladas from hispanic ladies who cooked in their homes. It was great and Tasty Tacos is very much the same.

Oh by far voting for Tasty Tacos. Taco Bell is behind Taco Johns for third in my book.

Tasty Tacos is like homemade Mexican food and the reason I know is when I was young there was a decent amount of hispanics in Des Moines and my sisters loved to order a dozen or two homemade tacos and or enchiladas from hispanic ladies who cooked in their homes. It was great and Tasty Tacos is very much the same.
Best tamale I've ever had was in TX. Best red and green chili is in NM. Best breakfast burrito, Utah.
Best seafood? Some little Cajun queen.

But other than that, Taco Cabana. No brainier.
Otherwise if you want to chill and do shit and be private, with a ok meal, lubys.

Best tamale I've ever had was in TX. Best red and green chili is in NM. Best breakfast burrito, Utah.
Best seafood? Some little Cajun queen.

But other than that, Taco Cabana. No brainier.
Otherwise if you want to chill and do shit and be private, with a ok meal, lubys.

I had some great Mexican food in Denver area.

I loved the Taco Tico in Mason City. Never had Panchero's yet. Taco John's to me has a much better flavor profile than the Bell. Even their basic crunchy beef tacos are a nice treat; good spice even without hot sauce.

Taco John's yuck. Ick.
On a side note (not in Iowa) Taco Cabana (for fast decent Spanish food).

Dude, I've been in the kitchen of a John's (don't ask, not that great a story I was franchise shopping). Fresh ingredients..beats the hell out of Bell. The 2-3 game is definitely the Championship game. Could go either way...the winner takes the title game in a blowout of either Bell or Tico.

Latest posts