Similar win in Les Jepsen area over Purdue

jardinero

I don't what year it was, maybe late eighties, but the Hawks were 2-13, and upset Purdue/Keady at CHA. Does anyone remember what year this was? Keady was livid, but to his credit, he mostly laid into his team for losing to a hapless team. I am pretty sure it was during the time Les played for the Hawks, either his junior or senior season. I was there, and it was VERY SWEET. Just like tonight!

Les Jepsen was part of the '85 recruiting class (Ravelings last I believe) and played thru the 89/90 season. He didn't really contribute until the last two.

86/87 we lost in the Elite 8 to UNLV.
87/88 we lost in the Sweet 16 to Arizona
88/89 we lost to Rutgers in the 2nd round
89/90 is the year you are thinking of. We went 12-16 on the season (4-14) and beat Purdue after losing 6 in a row. We went on to lose our final two games that season against Ill and Mich.

Or similar to Kenyon Murray's senior night 15 years ago when IOWA beat B10 champ Purdue and the fans stormed the court. (if memory serves me right Murray had a dunk near the end of the game for his last points in carver)

Les Jepsen was part of the '85 recruiting class (Ravelings last I believe) and played thru the 89/90 season. He didn't really contribute until the last two.

86/87 we lost in the Elite 8 to UNLV.
87/88 we lost in the Sweet 16 to Arizona
88/89 we lost to Rutgers in the 2nd round
89/90 is the year you are thinking of. We went 12-16 on the season (4-14) and beat Purdue after losing 6 in a row. We went on to lose our final two games that season against Ill and Mich.

Actually, in 88/89 we lost to NC State in the 2nd round. Rodney Monroe...Grrr!!