Serious thought on our offense

loesshillshawk

I firmly believe Kirk is the driver of the offense. When we get behind he let's Brian drive and we perform. Kirk is happy to play an ugly 1970's NFL game. So, does Brian say give me the keys dad, you are too old to drive? If not does Brian leave to prove to Hawk fans he can call plays and take over?

I've been wondering about this. Iowa's O has evolved since Brian took over. Have to be honest about that. It has happened over time. Who knows if Brian wants to evolve quicker or not. WHo knows if Kirk wants to stick with what he knows.

Still they have a strong bias for doing the wisconsin thing but not with the wisconsin tools. Run the ball and get plays down the field with play action pass.

Fact is that its been a long time since Iowa ran the ball well enough to rank in the top half of the Big Ten. And it happens infrequently.

Iowa's finally getting average or good WRs. and with a 3rd year QB it makes sense that the points will come from big plays in the passing game. And they have. But the way they call games seems to ignore all of what I just said...until they fall behind.

So many things I don't understand. But I do understand the results. I see that Iowa can't get to the 2nd tier of teams in the Big Ten. They are 3rd tier and will stay there unless something happens. You can pretty much tell who they'll beat and who they wont when the schedule comes out. Problem is that the tide is rising. Purdue and Minnesota are moving up and I don't think Iowa rises with the tide.

I recall when Wisconsin passed iowa by and then Michigan state passed Iowa by and now I fear that Minny and Purdue will also pass Iowa up. They should look ahead and make the changes now. Not after Iowa ranks 4th in the West for 5 years.

THey certainly are consistent though

Latest posts