Senior Day. Is it really their last home game?

I am pretty sure. Others have said it and I just looked it up. Maybe they had to do it for football or so many top players may have opted out.

NCAA approves blanket waiver for 2020 fall sports athletes to ...

www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa...
Aug 21, 2020 · The NCAA Board of Governors took a landmark step on Friday by approving a measure that will grant an extra year of eligibility to all fall sports athletes. Even athletes who compete this fall will...

The confusing thing to me is the number of scholarships If there is no increase in the total, I guess the seniors have to go. I haven't heard what is happening to the total scholarship numbers. Sounds like it is up to the individual schools if they want to temporarily fund additional scholarships.

The confusing thing to me is the number of scholarships If there is no increase in the total, I guess the seniors have to go. I haven't heard what is happening to the total scholarship numbers. Sounds like it is up to the individual schools if they want to temporarily fund additional scholarships.
Not only that, if a player has already graduated and used 4 years of scholarship for school, they’d need to enroll in grad school to continue and I don’t know if a scholarship would pay for that even if they wanted to

Kirk said this week they would welcome all of them back but that he didn't think many would take them up on that cause people are ready to move on. Football wise all the stars of this class have pretty much said they are leaving neiman, jackson, duncan, etc. The one player i think should come back, and that one more year of film would boost i believe is brandon smith at wr. He's a possession guy, which means they need to see him catch some 1st downs and tds. Because of spencers development being what it has been this year, Smiths numbers don't look all that great. He's 10 times better of a player than his numbers. It would be nice for him to have a bunch of tds on tape. Would like to see him come back, but that's just as a football fan, I obviously don't know whether that's viable with his life situation and such. Just playing fanasy gm here.

Kirk said this week they would welcome all of them back but that he didn't think many would take them up on that cause people are ready to move on. Football wise all the stars of this class have pretty much said they are leaving neiman, jackson, duncan, etc. The one player i think should come back, and that one more year of film would boost i believe is brandon smith at wr. He's a possession guy, which means they need to see him catch some 1st downs and tds. Because of spencers development being what it has been this year, Smiths numbers don't look all that great. He's 10 times better of a player than his numbers. It would be nice for him to have a bunch of tds on tape. Would like to see him come back, but that's just as a football fan, I obviously don't know whether that's viable with his life situation and such. Just playing fanasy gm here.
Scouts have four years worth of film on Brandon Smith, his stats in a shortened season will not latter. And he should test very well at the combine/pro day.

Jim Nagy (Senior Bowl rep) pointed out Smith as a riser in the draft class, despite the stats not being there.

I really think everyone leaves. Maybe not a few of the Iowa kids like Schulte and Banwart who saw their careers shortened by injuries. But everyone else will go.

I'd have to guess Shudak would come back. A perfect situation for him and for Iowa, who doesn't seem to have a kicker on the roster for next year.

Latest posts