Ron Aiken

herbyhawk

Banned
is out just signed new contract with Cardinals. Ferentz is at the Coaches convention going thru friday, so no interviews unless he is talking to other coaches.
i believe the convention is in San Antonio

We asfans have thrown many names around, Stoops and Aiken are out. Some now throw out Bradley. That may be possible, but I think the most logical guess is parker.

Looks more and more like it is going to be Parker every day...not that there was ever much doubt.

Same-old, same-old. The more things change the more they remain the same.

To quote another poster above....."YAWN".

Everything in my body tells me KF will promote Parker, but I have to think there is an inkling of opportuntiy for Bradley. he's the kind of coordinator KF would like to have, he needs a job, and Iowa would be a safe place for Bradley.

I give it a 5% chance, but hey it's a chance.

At first I was completely against it. Just didn't want any of that PSU stank to rub off on us. But I think he's a great D coordinator and one that would have never been available if the goings on at PSU hadn't ever transpired. I'm all for it now.
+1. It's not that I don't like Phil Parker, it's just that I think this program needs a little new blood, as has been stated by many previous posters.

It very well may be Parker, and really if I was forced to bet I would probably go with him. However, with the amount of time it's taking to announce the replacement you've got to think they are at least considering other options.

At first I was completely against it. Just didn't want any of that PSU stank to rub off on us. But I think he's a great D coordinator and one that would have never been available if the goings on at PSU hadn't ever transpired. I'm all for it now.

I was the same way, but after reading how much former players respect him and say he is a great coach, I'm all for it. Plus, if it was parker why wouldn't you already announce it?

this bites. For whatever reason, it was calculated to not release this until after the 11th. Maybe we hear something this week or, more likely next week. Beyond that, I would guess, it becomes notably disruptive to recruiting. I hope, based on past performances, we get a good energetic outside hire.

Looks more and more like it is going to be Parker every day...not that there was ever much doubt.Same-old, same-old. The more things change the more they remain the same.To quote another poster above....."YAWN".

I don't know if its parker or not, but only a complete as5clown wouldnt be thrilled with the same old same old over the next ten years from the d as far as on filed results go.

I was the same way, but after reading how much former players respect him and say he is a great coach, I'm all for it. Plus, if it was parker why wouldn't you already announce it?

If is Parker, maybe it is taking time while they work out contract wording. I for one think Bradly would be a nice hire. it would bring in what a lot of us think is needed, new blood. Not to mention a great DC.

Larry Johnson the DL coach for PSU was retained by the new HC. i see no reason to not take Bradley as there could have been a conflict between the new HC and Bradley since he was the interim HC.
Stoops has "NOT" been hired by Oklahome at this time
Bradley
Parker
Stoops
are the 3 being tossed around on other hawkeye sites

If is Parker, maybe it is taking time while they work out contract wording. I for one think Bradly would be a nice hire. it would bring in what a lot of us think is needed, new blood. Not to mention a great DC.
And if you compare the two D's, Norm's and bradley's, lots of similarities. Good defensive lines, athletic tackling machines for LB's. Bradley could be the one to keep UI's D stout for years to come.

Latest posts