Regardless of rank, are we going into a place that we shouldn't be this year?

NEIChawk

If you think about it, some of us and the rest of the free world thought that the Hawkeyes would finish middle of the pack. Poor scheduling, Easy competition, etc...Thoughts?

what to hell does this mean? Regardless of rank, are we going into a place we shouldn't be this year?

I think we are in some alternate timeline......perhaps Biff or one of McFly's kids messed something up that benefited Iowa somehow. :) Or, it could be just one hell of a coincidence.

Last edited:
Maybe, check back in 6 weeks. Lots !!!! Of football to go....keep watching and cheering for the Hawks....they will keep working hard. OK?

I guess my point is we keep winning and we're showing that we can, even w/injuries. I'm surprised and it's a nice surprise. Iowa football is where it needs to be every year not just once in a while. Hey thanks for your keen insight though. You guys are great and I'll be here all week.

Anyone else getting tired of hearing about easy schedule besides me.Heck yes their going into Kinnick when it's not a sell out And It Should Be This Year.

I guess my point is we keep winning and we're showing that we can, even w/injuries. I'm surprised and it's a nice surprise. Iowa football is where it needs to be every year not just once in a while. Hey thanks for your keen insight though. You guys are great and I'll be here all week.

You're on the sauce again aren't ya.:D

He is part of the "poor poor pitiful me, we are just lil ole Iowa we don't deserve this" crowd........f' that noise, this is what a lot of us expect every four-five years. On Iowa!

If you think about it, some of us and the rest of the free world thought that the Hawkeyes would finish middle of the pack. Poor scheduling, Easy competition, etc...Thoughts?

We're what our record says: a 7-0 team with some good wins with a couple close wins, a couple blow-outs and a couple that were not in doubt by 4th quarter.

We've earned what we've done, and can only play the teams left on the schedule.

Whatever is the case, we should look at this as a GOLDEN opportunity. We just need to finish it off for once. If we can do it, this can take us to places, perhaps a step or two higher in the modern era we have never seen before. This could be the year that Iowa puts it all together. Just imagine that. And, again, in another year where nothing is expected of Iowa, they come out of nowhere. Odds might say otherwise (and for good reasons), but if it happens, oh boy, just think about that.

Kirk can right a lot of wrongs by winning out, or to the slightly lesser extent.....getting to the Rose Bowl and winning it.

[video=youtube;eHiSpiXbqE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHiSpiXbqE0[/video]

Personally I hope Iowa mops the floor with the B!G East champion if they get to Indy. That would shake many in the media to their college football world view foundations. They'll try to spin it or rationalize it or whatever to no avail.

This team is exactly what their record says they are at this point in the season. And the stats only tell half of the story-this team's intangibles are through the roof! I think that is exactly what is agitating so many people. How does one quantify concepts like synergy, unity, drive, faith etc..?

The Hawks belong right where they are for now. If they continue to win then they will continue to move up in the rankings. I still believe an undefeated Iowa will be ranked 5th or 6th going into the CCG.

Should they come out of that game as the winner then they will move into the top 4 and will head into the CFP. If they don't then I think we will be smelling roses. I'll take it either way. If it's the former then I think we will see a rush into an 8 team playoff system sooner than many suspect. That would look something like the P5 conference champions and then 3 at large picks to placate the pundits and naysayers.

Last edited:
It's an interesting position because coming into the season at this point we've certainly exceeded everyone's expectations other than Hawknicks.

With that said... now that we are here and facing the schedule we do down the stretch and having the head to head win over Wisconsin, I think fans would be disappointed without an appearance in Indy.

Last edited:

I'm still confused but on the bright side, you could get a job as George W. Bush's or Joe Biden's speech writer.