Recruiting

headlock

With the women’s success their recruiting should get even better. Anyone here anything or what’s your thoughts on this?

You would certainly think the success and attention Iowa's gotten this year would certainly help. I would also think players would love the pace we play too.

I can't help you much, but I do know some players that we will hopefully see in the black and gold.

A sophomore from Dowling, Ava Zediker, is a shooter. She has several offers already. I haven't seen anywhere that Iowa has offered, but we may have.

Johnston has a freshman, Jenica Lewis, that is ranked the #1 player in the nation. She got her first offers in 7th grade and had more than 20 offers by the end of her 8th grade year. I've seen highlights of her and she looks like she can do it all.

Chad Greenway's daughter scored her 2000th point this season...she's a freshman. She averaged 21 ppg as a 7th grader and 24 ppg as an 8th grader, which you can do in Minnesota. In the game where she scored her 2000th point, she scored 60 for the game.

You would certainly think the success and attention Iowa's gotten this year would certainly help. I would also think players would love the pace we play too.

I can't help you much, but I do know some players that we will hopefully see in the black and gold.

A sophomore from Dowling, Ava Zediker, is a shooter. She has several offers already. I haven't seen anywhere that Iowa has offered, but we may have.

Johnston has a freshman, Jenica Lewis, that is ranked the #1 player in the nation. She got her first offers in 7th grade and had more than 20 offers by the end of her 8th grade year. I've seen highlights of her and she looks like she can do it all.

Chad Greenway's daughter scored her 2000th point this season...she's a freshman. She averaged 21 ppg as a 7th grader and 24 ppg as an 8th grader, which you can do in Minnesota. In the game where she scored her 2000th point, she scored 60 for the game.
Lewis and Greenway's daughter being in the same class could end up being really cool.

You think they have a good chance with them two? Probably seeing a lot of recruiting opportunities around the country.
There was a story a year or so ago that a local reporter (Minnesota) interviewed Greenway's daughter about getting an offer from Minnesota. She said it's great to get the offer but she really wants to go to Iowa. You would think she'd have to be pretty certain to say that in that situation.
I'd never even heard of the Lewis girl until the post I quoted.

Nationwide recruits seem like plausible targets. Then, be sure to take care of deserving Iowa women.

One would think the Hawks would be number one on the list or at least near the top

Lisa certainly knows how to coach and take total advantage of a players shooting skills

Don't believe any one of those three is in danger of going to Soufh Carolina

Of course, UConn and Tennesse loom large

If Caitlin appeals in behalf of the Hawkeye Women, that might seal the Deal

Good post, TopDawg

:cool:

One would think the Hawks would be number one on the list or at least near the top

Lisa certainly knows how to coach and take total advantage of a players shooting skills

Don't believe any one of those three is in danger of going to Soufh Carolina

Of course, UConn and Tennesse loom large

If Caitlin appeals in behalf of the Hawkeye Women, that might seal the Deal

Good post, TopDawg

:cool:
Ok thanks for good opinions.

Lisa is not taking advantage of Caitlin. She should be getting several 6'-6'3" ATHLETIC girls out of the portal. Instead we continue to be very vanilla and girls that are not top level talent. Look at UCONN, South Carolina, Louisville, they are athletic, rebounders and most importantly know how to play defense at a high level. I love the team but we do not play defense like the top tier of teams do. Think last year vs Creighton...

Lisa is not taking advantage of Caitlin. She should be getting several 6'-6'3" ATHLETIC girls out of the portal. Instead we continue to be very vanilla and girls that are not top level talent. Look at UCONN, South Carolina, Louisville, they are athletic, rebounders and most importantly know how to play defense at a high level. I love the team but we do not play defense like the top tier of teams do. Think last year vs Creighton...
I think we.have gotten better talent coming I 6’5 center out of Oregon & that point guard out of Wisconsin can’t thing of her name looks very impressive & Callie PG out of Solon .

I think we.have gotten better talent coming I 6’5 center out of Oregon & that point guard out of Wisconsin can’t thing of her name looks very impressive & Callie PG out of Solon .
Somewhat, but aren't impact players. Caitlin's window is short ... can't develop girls, go get ready to play athletes

Latest posts