RB Expresses Concern Over Iowa Running Schemes and Usage

His complaints are he would run the ball too much?

Do
Not
Want

This kid could never survive AIRBHG

good grief op - you throw iowa's running game under the bus after reading his comments? i agree completely with dean on this - guy sounds like a pud.

This guy doesn't want to run between the tackles so he an "stay fresh for the next level". Maybe he'd be better suited to play city league intermural flag football.

His complaints are he would run the ball too much?

Do
Not
Want

This kid could never survive AIRBHG

I agree. And he's more concerned about "the next level" than the Hawkeyes. No thanks. Might be a good fit in lames however.

Strange that this 4 star RB recruit doesn't mention having any relationship with our "top" recruiter/run game coordinator. Doesn't he know that Brian coached the Patriots?

Confident young man, I guess you could say. I suppose he'd like a say in the game plan, too.

He's certainly not short on confidence, that's for sure. I guess I take it as another painful reminder of just how stale, boring and unattractive our style of play is not only for us fans, but to the type of recruits Iowa needs to start landing.

Why is everyone so butt hurt? So? He does not want to run inside zone / outsize zone over and over and over. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe its a cup of ice water on the Iowa staff - especially the HC

[h=1]Would probably need to skip most practices to save himself for the games. Then he'd probably only want to suit up for the big games or nationally televised games. Doesn't sound like he'd be able to play at all if he got nicked up a bit....gotta save his best for the big leagues ya know. A real team player it seems....pass on the attitude.[/h]

Wants to be fresh for NFL.

Hasn't taken a step in anything close to a D1 game.

Wow.

4 star jc is great, but come one now. Besides, doesn't he know he'll get plenty of outside zone stretches.

Make a few plays in black and gold before worrying about the draft AP.

All that said, would love to see what he's got.

This guy reminds me of Roger Dorn from Major League. Might blow out his knee or something if he takes to many hits.

This guy would look great in an Iowa uniform and would be an instant upgrade. Iowa NEEDS quality RBs in the worst way (if the Hawks had a quality RB last year, Jake R. would still be in Iowa City). The guy's comments make sense to me ... he doesn't want to be over-used. Fine. I imagine that finding situational carries/receptions for a guy like this would be welcomed by the coaching staff. Hope he's a Hawkeye when all is said and done!

Latest posts