Ranking Our Toughest Games

Wundershozen

My personal opinion on ranking our toughest games:

1. Michigan. I feel as though Michigan will be the toughest opponent that we play. They probably have the best defense in the conference and quite possibly the entire country. Thank goodness this one is at home!

2. @Minnesota. This game is really starting to stand out as the so called "Must Win" game on our schedule. They have scored over 80 points on us in our last two meetings. I have no idea when that has last occurred as most teams have a hard time scoring 30+ on us in a typical season. Additionally I haven't done the research but I can't remember for the life of me if we have beaten them at their new house or not yet (I'm pretty sure we haven't).

3. Wisconsin. Historically these games are always close. There probably isn't a team in the country (outside of ClownU) less intimated by Kinnick than the BADgers. They are no stranger to winning in our house.

4. ClownU. Always BS. Always. It shouldn't be ranked this high but it is. Enough said.

5. @Illinois. Illinois gave us a tough run last year and we typically have a hard time at their house. A little talked about trap game between Mich and Neb

6. @ PSU. Tough place to play although we've had tremendous success there under KF.

7. NW. A team that hates us. They always have some kind of magic bullet similar to the Clowns.

8. Neb. This game being at Kinnick really makes me feel good. I guess I really have little respect for them but enough to recognize that this isn't quite our easiest game (no game really IS easy in fact).

9. @ Rutgers. Not sure what to make of this game other than Rutgers is not a good football team. At least not recently.

10. NDSU. A tough team but after watching them play and reading others opinions on the game and how they play into our style I really think we will crush them. Bad. I'm going 42-14 Iowa in this one.

11. Miami OH. Should be a fairly easy warm-up game.

12. @ Purdue. The worst team in the B1G. I don't expect that to change this year. Losing to them would be unacceptable despite it being a road game and they historically play us very tough at their house.

Thoughts? Please share your own opinions as well. Thanks for reading and as always GO HAWKS!

1. Michigan
2. @ Minnesota
3. @ Penn State
4. Nebraska
5. @ Illinois
6. Wisconsin
7. Northwestern
8. ISU
9. NDSU
10. @ Rutgers
11. @ Purdue
12. Miami (Oh)

Hawks pummeled MN at their place 3 seasons ago. They returned the favor the year after. 2010 and 11 were flat out all time Ferentz embarrassments up there. Couple of the worst Goof teams I have ever seen and they beat us. Ugh.

1. @PSU
2 @Minn
3. Wisc
4 Neb
5. NW
6. ISU
7 Mich
8. @ILL
9. @Pur
10 @Rut
11 NDSU
12 Miami