Ranked 5th in Preseason Poll

Wow. Nice job, Fran. Your program has a National profile.

7bf1d1a24f3e6d434e8c9cc5f515700b.gif

The really sad thing is it's almost impossible to live up to that. The only way they do is making it to the Elite 8 or better but I would just be ecstatic to see the 2nd weekend again.

The really sad thing is it's almost impossible to live up to that. The only way they do is making it to the Elite 8 or better but I would just be ecstatic to see the 2nd weekend again.
Agreed. Although it's a good look for the program, being ranked in a preseason poll means absolutely nothing and IMO does nothing but put a bigger target on your back. I think its much more of an accomplishment to play your way into that position as the season goes on, because if your not their yet your going to find out quickly.

This is awesome. And they are right where I thought they would be.

Cannot wait fir the season
And yet, logically, Wisconsin should be the team favored to win the championship. They return all 5 starters from last year when they shared the B1G title. Mich. St. picked 3rd behind Iowa.

Fifth??? Well that leaves some room for improvement.................. at least four places. We can do it!!!
I believe the B1G has at least 5 teams in the top 25: Iowa, Wisky, Ill, Mich. St., Mich. , Ohio St. and maybe Purdue, tho they lost their 11-foot center Matt Haarms to BYU in a transfer.

I believe the B1G has at least 5 teams in the top 25: Iowa, Wisky, Ill, Mich. St., Mich. , Ohio St. and maybe Purdue, tho they lost their 11-foot center Matt Haarms to BYU in a transfer.
I live just six miles from the BYU campus. I will keep an eye on him to see how he does once he is eligible to play.

The B1G is loaded again this year. It’s going to.be very difficult if not impossible for a team to go undefeated in conference play. If we can avoid the injury bug and COVID we should be as good as any team in the conference.

Hawks move to 3

Three Big Ten teams in top 5

View attachment 7117

This hasn't happened since Mr. Davis's first year

Damn

:cool:
Badgers go 6'11", 6'10" with Potter and Reivers. Greg Gard is playing them at the same time. Both are seniors, so they got the experience to back it up. It will be up to our other bigs to pick up the slack when Wisky doubles Garza.

Badgers go 6'11", 6'10" with Potter and Reivers. Greg Gard is playing them at the same time. Both are seniors, so they got the experience to back it up. It will be up to our other bigs to pick up the slack when Wisky doubles Garza.

Reivers was very good last season. They will be a handful. Garza is going to need help on D to avoid getting in foul trouble. Wonder if Fran is going to use the Large Lad from London to protect the paint.

Next week is going to be Very Interesting. NC on Tuesday and The Clones on Friday.

Double Damn

Last edited:
Reivers was very good last season. They will be a handful. Garza is going to need help on D to avoid getting in foul trouble. Wonder is Fran is going to use the Large Lad from London to protect the paint.

Next week is going to be Very Interesting. NC on Tuesday and The Clones on Friday.

Double Damn

Got a feeling Garza is gonna get mugged against these guys. Pass first may be the best option to avoid more stitches in the lip. Nunge, Wiesy, & Murray better be prepared to crash the boards, as well as a couple of guards.
League is gonna be damn good again this year, maybe better than last year even, top to bottom. Wins are gonna be hard to come by. Won't be too upset if we lose some.
Our non-conf schedule will better prepare us this year for conf. Hardest in years!

#2 Baylor plays #5 Illinois and #1 Gonzaga plays #11 West Virginia tomorrow night. If Illinois and WVU win, are we ranked #1 next week? Yikes!

Latest posts