Question From Game Thread (By me)

No. Each team needs at least 6 wins to qualify for the B1G championship game. Purdue or Northwestern will probably represent the West this year.

Well the OP said if the hawks are 6-2 so they would have 6 wins. Penn St looks beatable now but there is a good chance that we will look back at those two losses to start the season, not scoring TDs in the second half or even getting field goals, the too many turnovers.

The hawks will still have trouble at PSU and Minny I think because of a young qb, because of the 2nd half scoring problems, etc

I would love to see them rattle off 6 straight but you never know

Six is the answer, according to ESPN. There is a plan in place, of course, if a number of teams would miss that mark.

“If the average number of Big Ten games falls below six, then teams must play no less than two fewer conference games than the average number of Big Ten games played by all teams to be considered for the league championship,” ESPN’s Heather Dinich writes.

“The champion will be determined in each division by its winning percentage, unless there is an unbalanced schedule because of the cancellation of games.”

Latest posts