Question about o line

clim3

why are we getting so much pressure up the middle? Missed assignments or just poor blocking? I’m concerned if uni gets to Nate whisky might give us fits

Hopefully the coaches are prepared to roll him out. He looked MUCH more comfortable rolling out a few times in the UNI game.

Against FBS opponents Iowa ranks 15th nationally in sack % allowed at 1.85%. Very good.

The RG who was in there on Saturday didn’t look good but it sounds like we could have our regular guy back or have one of the Paulsen’s as an option going forward.

I’m more worried about run blocking at this point.

Against FBS opponents Iowa ranks 15th nationally in sack % allowed at 1.85%. Very good.

The RG who was in there on Saturday didn’t look good but it sounds like we could have our regular guy back or have one of the Paulsen’s as an option going forward.

I’m more worried about run blocking at this point.
Yeah I’m seeing the middle as an issue on both pass and run plays. Too much penetration doesn’t work with our zone scheme. Might make more sense to just run straight off tackle and right at the olb against whisky.

maxresdefault.jpg

When I see Iowa unable to run the ball against 9 teams on the schedule last year, I wonder whats going on. We're told its the freshmen Tackles.

When I see KF coaching an O-Lineman 1 on 1 after he comes off the field. And Brian gathering up the O-Line for a talk...... I wonder what's going on.

When I see the OLine unable to create a openings against NIU during the first half (while everyone was fresh) I wonder whats going on.

When I see ISU repeatedly stuff Iowa's run...and Iowa scarcely having any running room, I wonder whats going on.

When I see experienced Linemen like Wirfs and Jackson playing poorly at times against ISU, I wonder whats going on.

Yeah I’m seeing the middle as an issue on both pass and run plays. Too much penetration doesn’t work with our zone scheme. Might make more sense to just run straight off tackle and right at the olb against whisky.
I think that is why we are running outside so much. Concerning to say the least.

When I see Iowa unable to run the ball against 9 teams on the schedule last year, I wonder whats going on. We're told its the freshmen Tackles.

When I see KF coaching an O-Lineman 1 on 1 after he comes off the field. And Brian gathering up the O-Line for a talk...... I wonder what's going on.

When I see the OLine unable to create a openings against NIU during the first half (while everyone was fresh) I wonder whats going on.

When I see ISU repeatedly stuff Iowa's run...and Iowa scarcely having any running room, I wonder whats going on.

When I see experienced Linemen like Wirfs and Jackson playing poorly at times against ISU, I wonder whats going on.

Young averaged about 6 yards per carry, and his running mate average close to 5 yards per carry against UNI. Yes, I know that is UNI. Also, we are still missing our starting RB. Be patient.