PTL and NCAA Rules

BrueCrew3

I know it was discussed here earlier that per NCAA rules, when playing in a summer league, no team can have more than two players from any one school.

Yet, there are two teams that have 3 Hawkeyes on the roster. Now, Comfort Care/Mike Gatens Real Estate might get around the rule because one of the players is Peter Jok who hasn't played for/practiced with the Iowa team yet. So I get that one.

The other one might be the same as Jill Armstrong of Skogman Realty also has 3 Hawks, two of them being non scholarship and one of those looks like they are transferring in this year.

Is that the loop hole?

Also of note was that Marble and White were both taken in the first round. I thought they were off the table because of their try out with the national team?

Just curious .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

According to the free article on HawkeyeReport.com (HawkeyeReport.com - White goes #1 in PTL) only Team #4 has more than 2 Hawkeyes and Peter Jok does not count since he is an incoming freshman.

"Here's a rundown of which Iowa players will be playing together this summer:

Team 1: Aaron White and Darius Stokes
Team 2: Mike Gesell and Kyle Denning
Team 3: Devyn Marble and Josh Oglesby
Team 4: Adam Woodbury, Peter Jok, Kyle Meyer, and Jason Price
Team 5: Jarrod Uthoff and Anthony Clemmons
Team 6: Zach McCabe and Gabe Olaseni

Teams are limited to two current Iowa players each. Incoming freshmen do not count towards that number, which is
why Jok can play with Woodbury and Meyer."

According to the free article on HawkeyeReport.com (HawkeyeReport.com - White goes #1 in PTL) only Team #4 has more than 2 Hawkeyes and Peter Jok does not count since he is an incoming freshman.

"Here's a rundown of which Iowa players will be playing together this summer:

Team 1: Aaron White and Darius Stokes
Team 2: Mike Gesell and Kyle Denning
Team 3: Devyn Marble and Josh Oglesby
Team 4: Adam Woodbury, Peter Jok, Kyle Meyer, and Jason Price
Team 5: Jarrod Uthoff and Anthony Clemmons
Team 6: Zach McCabe and Gabe Olaseni

Teams are limited to two current Iowa players each. Incoming freshmen do not count towards that number, which is
why Jok can play with Woodbury and Meyer."

Gonna go out on a limb and say JP used up all his eligibility

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the overall level of play is going to be way down across the board this year.

Last edited:
I am going to go out on a limb and say that the overall level of play is going to be way down across the board this year.

Not having JC to beat up on the bigs is definitely a negative. What happened to Duez? Him and JP always play together in this and last I knew they ran basketball academies together

Latest posts