Prohm out at ISU

Zstatman

Just saw this tweet:

@ChadLeistikow
·
12m

Iowa State and basketball coach Steve Prohm have parted ways, the school announces.

Or is Hoiberg interested in a home coming? He got his time in the NBA and it would be in a slightly weaker conference.

I believe it would be a $20M+ buyout for Fred. I don't see that happening. Look more towards DeVries or maybe Craig Smith. Perhaps Otzelberger.

I doubt the clowns can match what the huskers can pay.

They'll owe Prohm about $6M and according to this, Freddie would have to pay Debbie $10.25 for leaving early (or $8.75M depending on how they define year 2 or 3). Add on an equivalent contract to what he currently has at Nebraska and that's a $40M tab. I doubt ISMoo is in position to pick that up.

Last edited:
Darian Devries has to be on their short list. Mentioned that three weeks ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's on Minnesota's and Indiana's as well, but something tells me Indiana is going to go for the big splash. It sounds like boosters paid for Miller's buyout, so they are going to aim high, bring back the true star power they've been trying to replace since the Bobby.

Brad Stevens anyone? Nick Nurse? Is the time finally right to pry away Mark Few? I think they're going to try to shoot for the moon. At the very least they're going to look for someone who can beat Purdue.

Gregg Marshall is available. He is salty enough to fit in Gopher Country, should someone be willing to give him a second chance.

I see Pitino is out at Minny, maybe LIam is available.

Let the musical chairs begin...............

Hoiberg is absolutely 100% NOT going to be the next ISU coach.

TJO is by far the most likely candidate but DeVries wouldn't be a surprise.

Some Cyclone fans have been throwing out Altman's name which is hilarious. Zero chance Altman leaves Nike U, which is a far better program, to come coach in Ames.

I still to this day cannot understand Richard Pitino. One season at FIU and he's all the sudden head coach at a B1G school. I guess I kinda get it though because daddy would be right at home in the cast of Goodfellas. Minnesota's AD at the time was probably afraid he'd get whacked if he didn't hire him. I read in an article a while back that said he never so much as played a junior high game of basketball

New Mexico must like exiled Big Ten coaches a whole bunch.

Latest posts