Previewing Big Iowa Football Recruiting Weekend

The most perplexing thing in regard to Iowas recruiting of late is how they've swung and missed on TE targets. How the top TEs aren't tripping over each other to come to Iowa is beyond me but we can't seem to even get 2nd tier TEs to come lately. We pretty much have 1 stud in Laporta and then Lachey and some no names now that Yelverton and Miaman left. To say that an injury at that position would be bad would be an understatement.

The most perplexing thing in regard to Iowas recruiting of late is how they've swung and missed on TE targets. How the top TEs aren't tripping over each other to come to Iowa is beyond me but we can't seem to even get 2nd tier TEs to come lately. We pretty much have 1 stud in Laporta and then Lachey and some no names now that Yelverton and Miaman left. To say that an injury at that position would be bad would be an understatement.
Sam wasnt a high profile recruit either. But he'll be one of the better pro prospects. I have to wonder if comes down to the person recruiting. Also, could it be the mentality of TEs has become diva like - resembling WRs? Only wanting top brand. Or is it the money and Iowa does not pay top dollar for TEs?

Sam wasnt a high profile recruit either. But he'll be one of the better pro prospects. I have to wonder if comes down to the person recruiting. Also, could it be the mentality of TEs has become diva like - resembling WRs? Only wanting top brand. Or is it the money and Iowa does not pay top dollar for TEs?
Not sure all good questions. We missed on that Markway kid that went to LSU and on another kid that went to FL I believe that we were in on. Granted the staff is probably more frustrated than me with it but I'd be curious as to what the deal is. This yr they'll have as little depth at the TE position as we've had in a long time. I'm not so sure that whomever the #3 TE is (he'll get significant snaps this yr the #3 guy always does) will be ready to go. The other guys we have are developmental guys on the smaller side. Which is fine if they have a couple yrs or so to RS and develop. But If 225 lb guys are goin to be thrown in there and expected to block I'd rather just put WRs in there and throw it more

Latest posts