Michigan and Ohio State of course

And the Badgers

:cool:

Top Ten has a traditional aspect to it

Only three Big teams make the list

Michigan and Ohio State of course

And the Badgers

:cool:
Wisky being up there kinda surprises me. I mean didn't they lose quite a bit? There offense is never all that and a bag of chips either. If their D is in a rebuild of sorts I'd say they are more susceptible to a bit of a fall rather than staying up that high. MSU too for that matter they are even higher. Maybe I'm wrong but I could see Iowa being higher than both of them at the end of the yr

Wisky being up there kinda surprises me. I mean didn't they lose quite a bit? There offense is never all that and a bag of chips either. If their D is in a rebuild of sorts I'd say they are more susceptible to a bit of a fall rather than staying up that high. MSU too for that matter they are even higher. Maybe I'm wrong but I could see Iowa being higher than both of them at the end of the yr
I agree with this. They'll have one of the top RBs in the conference and their D usually reloads, but like Iowa they seem committed to the same under-performing QB they had last year that was their downfall.

WI returns only 3 starters on D.

WI returns only 3 starters on D.
That's what I thought I'd remembered hearing, but I was scared to repeat it. I mean that's a boat load if one of those guys isn't of JJ Watt level material. Are they replacing dudes with upper classmen or being forced to plug in some underclassman that aren't ready yet? It's just a big ask to replace 8 starters on D it just is

So Iowa is #26 in coaches poll and and #28 in AP. If Iowa starts 4-0, Iowa will be around #15 by the time Iowa plays Michigan. If Iowa does not start 4-0, Iowa will not be ranked when they play Michigan.

As always, the rankings will work themselves out over time.

So Iowa is #26 in coaches poll and and #28 in AP. If Iowa starts 4-0, Iowa will be around #15 by the time Iowa plays Michigan. If Iowa does not start 4-0, Iowa will not be ranked when they play Michigan.

I don't think Iowa skyrockets up to 15 by beating unranked ISU and Rutgers.... Maybe if they do all that and after they beat Michigan they get close to that but what you're saying would take a lot of other schools to lose their way out too. I don't see that happening

I don't think Iowa skyrockets up to 15 by beating unranked ISU and Rutgers.... Maybe if they do all that and after they beat Michigan they get close to that but what you're saying would take a lot of other schools to lose their way out too. I don't see that happening
That's fine too. Whatever Iowa is ranked if Iowa starts 4-0, we can agree the first real test will probably be against Michigan.

That's fine too. Whatever Iowa is ranked if Iowa starts 4-0, we can agree the first real test will probably be against Michigan.
That's OK, because if I remember correctly Michigan's first real test will be the Hawks.

We'll go 5-0 after beating SCum, then 6-0 after winning @ Illinois.
We'll be top ten due to the OSU game setting up for TV.

Then the house of cards will come crashing down.

A 5-0 hawk team with a win against Mich is a top 11 or 12 ranked team. I do not see this happening either.. If it does happen you better believe we take a 24-7 loss against Illinois the week after.

A 5-0 hawk team with a win against Mich is a top 11 or 12 ranked team. I do not see this happening either.. If it does happen you better believe we take a 24-7 loss against Illinois the week after.
Respectfully I disagree. ISU Rutgers and Nevada all unranked aren't good enough wins to justify jumping that high coming from being unranked like we are. My guess if that happens is we could hop to 16-20. I mean there's a chance Iowa isn't rated when we go into that game. Now I doubt it I think we'll crack the top 25 with 4 wins but not by much. To jump much higher would require some others to lose and fall too. It's a big maybe