Pregame Penn State e-Tailgating Thread

PlanoHawk

For those of you not in Iowa City or able to attend at Kinnick- join the conversation.

I'm stuck watching the Red River Rivalry with the wife, the Texas fan. Blah!

Has Hawkeye pregame started yet?

Had to have all, well most, of my tailgating food ready for the UT - OU game since the Texas family is all 'Horn fans. I was watching this game long before I moved down here. Big rivalry games are always good to watch.

That's true- at least it's a big rivalry game and usually pretty entertaining. Dallas is infested with Horns and Sooners this weekend too. About 50 arrests overnight in the bars just from Horns/Sooner fights.

50 arrests? Wow. Beer + testosterone can be a baaaaaad combination. Fortunately we were all well behaved during the Iowa - OSU game last year since both alumni clubs share the same bar for gamewatches.

ON the tailgating side, got the chili, queso, and homemade salsa ready for the this game. I'm saving the brats for the Iowa game. Along with the Leinie's.

NICE! We're just doing pizza over here- getting ready to start the whiskey for the evening.

Did you hear about the new left tackle that PSU is starting? Apparently he's a converted DT since their starter got injured last week.

We started our "tailgating" about 45 minutes ago, toward the end of the early B10 games. Cracked open some new IPAs (see Beer thread in Off Topic) and some chips & salsa.
Pot o' chili is on deck, in fact I'm just about to start browning the meat.
Flipping back & forth between meatchicken-hoosiers and wisky-sparty.
Heading to home-brewer neighbor's "Octoberfest" around 6:45 EST, and will be home for Hawkeye kickoff by 7:55. :)

I was told I had to make chili since the somebody doesn't like brats, oh well, more for me.

No new beers here for me. Will finish off the Leinie's Oktoberfest and Deschutes Summer Ale, then start on a little Fireman's 4 and Leinie's Creamy Dark.

We started our "tailgating" about 45 minutes ago, toward the end of the early B10 games. Cracked open some new IPAs (see Beer thread in Off Topic) and some chips & salsa.
Pot o' chili is on deck, in fact I'm just about to start browning the meat.
Flipping back & forth between meatchicken-hoosiers and wisky-sparty.
Heading to home-brewer neighbor's "Octoberfest" around 6:45 EST, and will be home for Hawkeye kickoff by 7:55. :)

Well played... I'm going to have to look into these IPA's. Heard good things about it.

IPA's are my current faves. Last night's trial was the Great Divide Titan IPA.

Hmmmm. It might just be beer time.

Guys, is it finally cool-ish down there in TX?

It is here in NC, hence the first chili of the season. We maybe hit 70 today, and the next 2-3 days are forecast in the mid-60s (40s overnight). Soooo refreshing. We had an insanely hot (record-setting) summer here.

Cool for here. I've only had to turn the AC on for a couple hours during the day the past couple of days and may not have to today. It is only 84 at the moment.

It is... this week was the first week I was finally able to turn off the AC and open up the windows. We're about high 70's/low 80's with a great breeze coming through in Dallas which is pretty darn good for us. Don't know about further down south in Austin, but here it's great right now.

We're waiting for that cold front to get down here. Supposed to drop down to the 50's at night with Monday's high staying in the 70's.

Hello im the fng my buddy turned me on to this site the game is almost an hour away and ive got butterflies I really hope we not only show up but kick some butt

Hello im the fng my buddy turned me on to this site the game is almost an hour away and ive got butterflies I really hope we not only show up but kick some butt

Tell us how you're tailgating, Dylan. Beverages? Grub? I mean, other than the butterflies you've swallowed! :D:)

hahahaha breakin in the rookie!

the whiskey is flowing in Plano, TX... it's really calmed any butterflies. That and Penn State is starting a converted D Tackle at Left OFFENSIVE Tackle.

I think I scared the noob away! Oh well. :cool:

I've moved on to bloody caesars, and the better half is now in to the red wine. We're ready.
Chili turned out pretty good. I will post a pic in a few minutes. :)

Edit: remainder of pot o' chili.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmmmm. Brats and Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale. Should switch over to Leine's after this one.

Latest posts