Post game handshake

That is funny, I didn't even pay attention, but my wife made the remark that they did NOT seem happy shaking hands with us.

I just rewatched it, it was quick but nothing really stood out to me, what am I missing?

There was no connection between the two for sure..just looked like two complete strangers shaking hands... one ticked off at losing. I doubt he was mad at fran...just kinda seems like a below avg loser.

I agree. Classless, immature, whatever. It's a game. Show some good sportsmanship. I have not read anything to imply there are issues between the two. So it must be Hamilton being ****** at himself, his team, the ball boy, his wife(if he is married), the refs, his parents, the weather, etc. Time to get a life.

I think Fran can have a cold side to him. Maybe it's just awkward for him.

I like him as a coach but think he and his wife can have a tendency to put themselves on a pedestal a bit, if you will. I've ran across them on occasion as our boys are in the same b-ball league & play in youth sports against each other from time-to-time. They seem a bit like their you know what doesn't stink but I suppose that comes with the territory & job. It just seems awkward to them in public.

I never went up to him as I want to respect their time to just relax at a youth game but they preoccupy themselves with their phones instead of conversing with people. They just seem a bit standoffish.

Last edited:

I like him as a coach but think he and his wife can have a tendency to put themselves on a pedestal a bit, if you will. I've ran across them on occasion as our boys are the same & play in youth sports against each other from time-to-time. They seem a bit like their you know what doesn't stink but I suppose that comes with the territory & job. It just seems awkward to them in public.

I never went up to him as I want to respect their time to just relax at a youth game but they preoccupy themselves with their phones instead of conversing with people. They just seem a bit standoffish.

You sound bitter because Fran's kids kicked your sons ***.

I like him as a coach but think he and his wife can have a tendency to put themselves on a pedestal a bit, if you will. I've ran across them on occasion as our boys are in the same b-ball league & play in youth sports against each other from time-to-time. They seem a bit like their you know what doesn't stink but I suppose that comes with the territory & job. It just seems awkward to them in public.

Fran knows what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe the guy is shady or maybe he isn't.

Fran has always just looked awkward in the post game handshakes. Like he's just disingenuous about it. He doesn't really even look at who he's shaking hands with. Just goes through the motions like he's in a zone of his own or something. Oh well I'm sure others do it too.

Fran has always just looked awkward in the post game handshakes. Like he's just disingenuous about it. He doesn't really even look at who he's shaking hands with. Just goes through the motions like he's in a zone of his own or something. Oh well I'm sure others do it too.

I've noticed that - win or lose. I've also seen several other coaches do the same thing.

Maybe they haven't learn the art of being approachable and the art of being kind. I wouldn't think it's a big deal here.

Thought same thing, but then again Lenny had his team in a good position to get a solid W on the road and blew it. Nothing to see here I guess.

If Fran is on the phone, knowing him, he is doing the job Iowa is paying him for. Hardy a reason to knock him.

I've noticed that - win or lose. I've also seen several other coaches do the same thing.
Yeah win or lose he's done that. I don't think he does it out of being a jerk or anything like that. It's just something he's probably done since long before even coming to Iowa. I kinda like to see coaches take a moment to say single out an opposing teams kid if say they had a big game and sincerely pat them on the back. After hard fought rivalry games it's just nice to see sportsmanship like that to me. But it's not something I'm going to bash a coach over either.

I don't get along with everyone I encounter through my job. They shook hands which is all they are really expected to do.

Latest posts