Player of the game?

Luftgekuehlt67

Who ya got? I gotta give it to Wieskamp, myself. This was one of his best games as a Hawk. 19 pts, 9 rebs, 5 assists, got after it on the defensive end, drove it, shot it. He's the total package when he is on and he was on tonight.

Total team effort tonight though, a bunch of guys played well and made plays, even the role players. Keep it up Hawks!

Joe W struggled late last season. If he is on, Iowa will be tough to beat. JoeW and CJF were both 5-7 from three tonight.

This was a TEAM win if there ever was one. Lots of guys with big plays at big times tonite. So many weapons out there. I am loving Murray, he was huge and fearless.
He didn't play a ton, but his contributions were well timed. NC could have easily gone up six or eight real quick but Murray made plays at a critical juncture.

Overall I will go with Joe W. When he's on his game we are tough to beat.

Who ya got? I gotta give it to Wieskamp, myself. This was one of his best games as a Hawk. 19 pts, 9 rebs, 5 assists, got after it on the defensive end, drove it, shot it. He's the total package when he is on and he was on tonight.

Total team effort tonight though, a bunch of guys played well and made plays, even the role players. Keep it up Hawks!
Ya he made a lot of big plays when Iowa was struggling, he deserves it.

Murray was a huge spark tonight. The great thing is Iowa's bench also has weapons/brings things to the table other teams have to account for.

Team win.

This was a TEAM win if there ever was one. Lots of guys with big plays at big times tonite. So many weapons out there. I am loving Murray, he was huge and fearless.

Yeah Agree on Keegan Murray.

The guy can play. As I said in another thread he is like a smaller version of Marcus Camby. Tall, lanky and a long wingspan. He played great tonight with a great block and a great put back off a Garza miss.

I think it would be a mistake to not give him more significant minutes.

Garza is going to need help in the paint especially if the three's are not going down.

Show me a team with a better trio of outside shooters than JBo, Weisy and Fred.

Ain't one.

2004–05 Illinois team that lost to North Carolina in the National Championship game

Luther Head
Deron Williams
Dee Brown

They were really fun to watch

During tonight's game, I was wondering who would compare to JBo, JoeW, and Freddy

Our Lads take the cake though

There is a lot of basketball savvy to back up the sharpshooting

The play near the end of the game where JoeW deflected a pass on the sideline and tipped it to Freddy while blocking out the Tarheel as Freddy called a TO was one of the better plays of the game

:cool:

I would like to see Keegan get some of Nunge's minutes. I don't think there's anything he can't do as well as or better than Nunge.
I disagree! Nunge looks like he could be the Garzilla of next year! Seriously. We could be feeding him next year the way we feed Luka this year. I can see Nunge avg. 25 a game next season.
He can rebound, block shots, play defense and step back & hit the occasional 3.
Murray will get his time.