Play that lost the game

hwks1

Of course you can't pick out just one but, when neb scored to pull within 24-14, the next series JR. missed a wide open Powell.

If JR hits that pass Iowa goes back up 31-14 and takes the air out of them. For me that was the beginning of the end.

Later JR failed to see a wide open streaking KMM....another missed opportunity

Of course you can't pick out just one but, when neb scored to pull within 24-14, the next series JR. missed a wide open Powell.

If JR hits that pass Iowa goes back up 31-14 and takes the air out of them. For me that was the beginning of the end.

That's the one play..if I get Alzheimer's and don't recognize my own family I'll always remember that play. WIDE open with nobody around and he couldn't hit him. It's not unusual to see him not throw to receivers that are open but this one he saw and just couldn't hit it. In my opinion that would have been the game. Aargh.

I agree.... BUT the Nebraska QB them missed a wide open touchdown for them also on the next series.

He also missed a wide open KMM across the field. Didn't even see him. Missed T Smith down the sideline with a late throw. And on and on it goes.
And MW missed so many wide open cutback lanes. I think he misses them because he lacks speed so he believes he can't afford to be patient and let the play develop a little. I miss the Freddy Russells and Shonn Greenes.

He also missed a wide open KMM across the field. Didn't even see him. Missed T Smith down the sideline with a late throw. And on and on it goes.
And MW missed so many wide open cutback lanes. I think he misses them because he lacks speed so he believes he can't afford to be patient and let the play develop a little. I miss the Freddy Russells and Shonn Greenes.

And yet.... Ferentz starts him over C.J.

The KMM play was actually the first time I've seen a crowd erupt into boos during the play, that was how bad that miss was by JR. The saddest part was JR appeared to look at KMM and elect not to throw it. It was bad, really bad..

The KMM play was actually the first time I've seen a crowd erupt into boos during the play, that was how bad that miss was by JR. The saddest part was JR appeared to look at KMM and elect not to throw it. It was bad, really bad..

When Matt Millen questions your decision making, you know it's bad.

No kidding. Every TV and radio announcer has questioned Iowa coaching this year. Eddie and Dolph are homers. When they are scratching their heads publicly; you know it is bad.

Oh I don't know how about you pick one of the 50 running plays that only average 2.8 yards.

I guess I take a different tack. As in, with a 24-7 lead, why are we throwing on all 3 downs in any given series? Or, more accurately, darn near EVERY series.

I guess I take a different tack. As in, with a 24-7 lead, why are we throwing on all 3 downs in any given series? Or, more accurately, darn near EVERY series.

Because we have a slow fb plodding along for 2 yards per carry at rb, and our coach is absolutely clueless.

Latest posts