Penn State meet

Hawks4life11

Does anyone know why it is Kerr is getting the matches at 157? I thought Jansen had secured the spot, but he isnt getting the matches. And was the takedown at 141 actually a takedown?

There were some rumors flying around that Janseen didn't make weight or is having trouble making weight again so they went with draw your name out of a hat and Kerr's name was drawn. But I'm glad it worked that way due to Cyler being a horrible matchup for Janseen. Besides Kerr won a HUGE match for us and we about blew the top off of Carver when he did it.

As for Montel, NO IT WAS NOT 2!!!! At the Iowa party afterwords Brands said ref said he might have botched the call after the meet. That being said Montel was not ready and probably took the kid for granted. I honestly believe he outwrestled him just couldn't finish his shots and wore himself out!

It seemed to me the MM match turned out the way it should have. From watching on TV, it seemed MM was sloppy. In the long run, I hope it benefits him.

Personally, I was bummed after that match because I was really looking forward to seeing MM continue to make progress. I hope he'll be on his game from here on out.

I was actually shocked to see marion come back from the hole he dug for himself early in that match, but that takedown looked like complete bs to me. I was sitting a little higher up than normal so I didn't know if there was something I couldn't see. I think Penn State's bench got that called for him, because they jumped up and started screaming 2 so he gave it to them.

From my point of view directly behind the Iowa bench, it appeared he called the takedown in Marion's OT way too soon. Marion still had a leg. I would like to have heard Morningside, or Gable's take on the call.

After Metcalf's pin, sitting behind the Iowa bench, I watched Brands draw a piece of folded paper out of a baseball cap that Eustice held out, walk back to the tunnel entrance, point into the tunnel and yell "You're goin!" and Kerr came running out onto the mat. Don't know if it was for real or not, but he at least made it look as if he drew a name.

Latest posts