Pemsl

SomersHawk

Wow! Hope to never hear anymore bashing on this guy. How do you sit in street clothes up to now, then rip em off and play to the level he played? The IOWA boys weren't about to let a bunch of out of staters get the best of em in this game. QUESTION is a redshirt still an option for Pensl? He kinda hinted that it is...

Wow! Hope to never hear anymore bashing on this guy. How do you sit in street clothes up to now, then rip em off and play to the level he played? The IOWA boys weren't about to let a bunch of out of staters get the best of em in this game. QUESTION is a redshirt still an option for Pensl? He kinda hinted that it is...
They said on the radio last night that he wanted to play and that there was some "wiggle room" with being able to redshirt. I am assuming it means that he CAN redshirt, but I don't know if he will.

Not sure what the plan is for the rest of the season but that was a gutsy performance by pemsl and a gutsy move by Fran to allow him to play so many minutes.

Makes you wonder about kriener now. He has really struggled lately an if pemsl is back I'm not sure how those minutes shake out.

This whole situation is really kind of strange actually. I thought for sure he was a medical redshirt because of discomfort and all of a sudden he comes out of nowhere, like in the minutes up to the game, dusts his jersey off and goes in and performs great. Was this because Weiskamp had his ankle and not sure about that? they don't play the same position but maybe Fran thought a little thin on the team or something.

Add into that Weiskamp was almost a sure out and he ends up playing. What the heck is going on there.

The only gripe or question I had last night was "What is Weiskamp doing in the game late in the game, like with a couple minutes left, with a 20 pt cushion?? Why was he still in there?

Great win by the team, though!

This whole situation is really kind of strange actually. I thought for sure he was a medical redshirt because of discomfort and all of a sudden he comes out of nowhere, like in the minutes up to the game, dusts his jersey off and goes in and performs great. Was this because Weiskamp had his ankle and not sure about that? they don't play the same position but maybe Fran thought a little thin on the team or something.

Add into that Weiskamp was almost a sure out and he ends up playing. What the heck is going on there.

The only gripe or question I had last night was "What is Weiskamp doing in the game late in the game, like with a couple minutes left, with a 20 pt cushion?? Why was he still in there?

Maybe Joe's not as injured as we all thought? Fran kept a couple of things close to the vest this week. I like it.

I think they said his surgery is in 2 weeks. He was cleared to play...couldn't do any damage. It was a matter of pain tolerance. I like his basketball IQ and he can get rebounds. He clearly has worked on his FTs and his 17 foot shot. He will be an asset the next 2 years...assuming he is taking a RS.

Maybe Joe's not as injured as we all thought? Fran kept a couple of things close to the vest this week. I like it.

The higher the ankle sprain the worse, so maybe is not as bad. Fran mentioned the X-ray came back good so left it up to Weiskamp who was trying it during warmups and wanted to play.

I don't know how he can take a redshirt now, but redshirt qualifiers have gotten so muddled over the years I don't know what they are anymore.

Probably wasn't the smartest thing for Weiscamp to be out there and that may be an indication that Fran is really down on Dailey right now. Joe's ankle did look good on that dunk, however. In any case he now gets to rest it for eight days and should be good to go for UNI.

He was walking off the court pretty much on his own power that night. Outside ankle rolls are more common and heal quicker.
It's when the foot twists the opposite direction, such as when running backs get tackled by the leg, that you to start worrying about the dreaded high ankle sprain.

If he has season ending surgery after only playing in 2 games, you think he could get a med redshirt for sure.

If he can continue to bring it like he did last night, I hope he's able to put off surgery until the season has ended.

Back in 2014 Brady Ellingson played in 7 games and then medical redshirted because of his foot. So I assume Pemsl is more than fine after 2 games. There are a few weird rules about not playing in the second half and the injury having to occur in the first half...stuff like that...but Pemsl should be more than fine there as well

I don’t know the makeup of the team but I get the feeling Pemsl is a core guy and a bit of a leader.

His talent can’t demand to be thee guy or leader but I think the team does feed off his energy.

Kriener played fairly well early but has had 3 really bad games in a row now which may make the return of Pemsl even more important.

He made a jump shot! First of his career.
That was awesome. On one of these posts last yr I'd found a highlight clip deal of him in HS and it showed him hitting some jumpers and looked good doing it. How the last couple yrs while in college he got away from even taking them is beyond me. He's capable. That shot last night might be about the extent of his range but dang it. He's capable and always has been of hitting them. Now keep taking them!!!

Latest posts