Pelini vs. Nebraska soap opera

HawkinCarroll

This is getting quite comical.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/bo-pel...cle_4f3583d6-8637-11e4-b708-3fa46a3a8147.html

The above link is a transcript of Pelini meeting with his players one final time two days after his dismissal. He has no love lost for the school or his old bosses (AD and president).

Nebraska responds with a very strongly-worded rebuttal to Pelini:

State from University of Nebraska

December 17, 2014

The University of Nebraska is in receipt of what appears to be a transcript of remarks delivered by former football coach Bo Pelini. These remarks to student-athletes were allegedly made during a non-official team meeting at a local high school, held two days after his termination. At this time, the University cannot authenticate the transcript nor do we have an audio version of the remarks.

If these comments were, indeed, spoken by Mr. Pelini, we are extremely disappointed, but it only reaffirms the decision that he should no longer be a leader of young men at Nebraska. His habitual use of inappropriate language, and his personal and professional attacks on administrators, are antithetical to the values of our university. His behavior is consistent with a pattern of unprofessional, disrespectful behavior directed by Mr. Pelini toward the passionate fans of Nebraska, employees of the university and, most concerning, our student-athletes. This behavior is not tolerated at the University of Nebraska and, among many other concerns, played a role in his dismissal.

Any assertions that the campus or athletics administration was not supportive of our student-athletes and our football program are flat-out false and are contradicted by the facts.

We are grateful that the new leadership in our football program is aligned with our values and will establish that you can be successful at Nebraska and that you can do it with integrity and class.

My takeaway is that Kaz and him are really tight. I assume Psykaz will be going with him to his next job.

My takeaway is that Kaz and him are really tight. I assume Psykaz will be going with him to his next job.

Bo probably hasn't figured this out yet, but with that speech he just made himself a very dangerous man to hire.

His next job will be as an assistant to some other coach who will have to vouch for his character in order to get him hired.

For his sake, I hope that he has fostered some better relationships in his coaching past than he did at Nebraska.

Bo probably hasn't figured this out yet, but with that speech he just made himself a very dangerous man to hire.

His next job will be as an assistant to some other coach who will have to vouch for his character in order to get him hired.

For his sake, I hope that he has fostered some better relationships in his coaching past than he did at Nebraska.

He's basically the Jake LaMotta of college coaching. A self-destructive hothead who obviously doesn't understand how the world works. He sounds particularly stupid in that transcript, like some tough-guy moron telling tall tales of persecution after getting fired for embezzlement. I especially like his characterization of their AD as a pen-pusher. I suppose a superior AD would have been out pushing the blocking sled alongside his boys.

"blame everyone else Bo"? and you wonder why you were fired

this guy is a complete and utter moron - kaz and he are two peas in a pod, no doubt.

what an embarrassment.

and funny about his characterization of osborn being pushed out and how he could see that coming....prior to being hired.....why the hell take the job then......if you saw the way they treated a legend like is Osborne.

yeah, i don't know what i'm going to do - nothing in the works.....just might 'hang around lincoln'.....uh, ok.

or take the job at Youngstown State - what a great gig, huh Mr. Ron?

What a hoot. Between Wisconsin and Nebraska there has been plenty of cover for Iowa. GB and Krik have avoided a lot of scrutiny from Outside the state. Maybe it will give KF time to right the ship. But I suspect more of the same.

If true, i truly wonder if his players made it through all that redundancy and self idolization. He sounds caring, like in a "I am a tool, a true martyr, but I care about you fellas most" sort of way.

So we're to believe one of his beloved players leaked that transcript? Or is it bs?

Did they issue a statement for Nebraska fans? A lot of big words in there.

State from University of Nebraska

December 17, 2014

The University of Nebraska is in receipt of what appears to be a transcript of remarks delivered by former football coach Bo Pelini. These remarks to student-athletes were allegedly made during a non-official team meeting at a local high school, held two days after his termination. At this time, the University cannot authenticate the transcript nor do we have an audio version of the remarks.

If these comments were, indeed, spoken by Mr. Pelini, we are extremely disappointed, but it only reaffirms the decision that he should no longer be a leader of young men at Nebraska. His habitual use of inappropriate language, and his personal and professional attacks on administrators, are antithetical to the values of our university. His behavior is consistent with a pattern of unprofessional, disrespectful behavior directed by Mr. Pelini toward the passionate fans of Nebraska, employees of the university and, most concerning, our student-athletes. This behavior is not tolerated at the University of Nebraska and, among many other concerns, played a role in his dismissal.

Any assertions that the campus or athletics administration was not supportive of our student-athletes and our football program are flat-out false and are contradicted by the facts.

We are grateful that the new leadership in our football program is aligned with our values and will establish that you can be successful at Nebraska and that you can do it with integrity and class.

I have to admit I'm torn on this. If Pelini had no support from his Admins then as a head coach that would be very frustrating. If you never feel comfortable it would be difficult to do your job. However, he also has to understand that his antics probably played a role in him losing that support.

The bottom line is when you act like a Neanderthal you can't be the head coach of a major D1 University. You just can't. With the way social media and news coverage works today it just isn't possible for a University to have someone like him representing them because sooner or later he's going to make them look bad.

This situation is a perfect example. He thinks he's doing what's right for the players he used to coach, and I suppose I can sort of understand him wanting to explain his side of the story.... but he has to be smart enough and mature enough to ask himself what good is it going to do? The situation is what it is and no matter how ticked off about it you are going on a profanity laced tirade in a public setting to your former players just isn't going to make you look good. It actually does the opposite. It makes the University look more justified in letting you go. Maybe it made him feel better short term because he was able to vent, but it's definitely going to hurt his job prospects in the long run.

I really don't think Bo is a bad person. I just don't think he is that intelligent, and clearly he's far too emotional to handle the pressure that comes along with being the man in charge of a major program.

I absolutely love it.

As someone who despises all things Nebraska how much better could it get. Coach gets canned...coach throws university under the bus...University and former coach both look bad in the end.

Let the transferring begin.

I absolutely love it.

As someone who despises all things Nebraska how much better could it get. Coach gets canned...coach throws university under the bus...University and former coach both look bad in the end.

Let the transferring begin.

Not to mention, horrible coaching hire.

Not sure what looks more immature: Coach ripping on AD and University, or University responding to it. LOL:eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts