Over reaction: Purdue

NCHawker

Iowa scores just 20 points against mighty Purdue. Stalled drives, overthrown balls, missed opportunities. Iowa fans thing guys are exceptional when compared to the rest of CFB they're average to above average. Wisconsin scores 40+ and Iowa struggles to score just 20. 2 TDs. We've seen this before. This is 2019 all over again, apart from the bowl, the hawks are picking up right where they left off last year. Kirk has a very high tolerance for mediocre offense.

Next week is jNW. They'll bring their new offense and a stingy defense to Kinnick. Small Ball Kirk needs to wake up because the rest of the West now have offensive competence.

Iowa scores just 20 points against mighty Purdue. Stalled drives, overthrown balls, missed opportunities. Iowa fans thing guys are exceptional when compared to the rest of CFB they're average to above average. Wisconsin scores 40+ and Iowa struggles to score just 20. 2 TDs. We've seen this before. This is 2019 all over again, apart from the bowl, the hawks are picking up right where they left off last year. Kirk has a very high tolerance for mediocre offense.

Next week is jNW. They'll bring their new offense and a stingy defense to Kinnick. Small Ball Kirk needs to wake up because the rest of the West now have offensive competence.
I predict 3 turnovers by the Iowa QB alone - fumbles and interceptions.

I don’t expect anything good this year considering the off field issues and lack of practice plus breaking in a new QB. Gonna be some bowling shoe ugly football coming out of Iowa City this year.

Kirk and Brian are like old guys driving a Mustang down the street at 20 miles an hour. Christ, step on the gas boys and get her out of the parade. You do not act like a three point lead is gonna hold up. That's Kirk's problem the last several years. Refuses to step on the neck of an opponent. Their game plan in the second half is just what Purdue wanted.

Kirk and Brian are like old guys driving a Mustang down the street at 20 miles an hour. Christ, step on the gas boys and get her out of the parade. You do not act like a three point lead is gonna hold up. That's Kirk's problem the last several years. Refuses to step on the neck of an opponent. Their game plan in the second half is just what Purdue wanted.
Control freak syndrome.

Last edited:
I don’t expect anything good this year considering the off field issues and lack of practice plus breaking in a new QB. Gonna be some bowling shoe ugly football coming out of Iowa City this year.
Didn't the team have the same amount of practice? I know teams like Ohio State never stopped

Well this game tempers my hopes down a lot. I won't say expectations because going in I tried not to have many of those. But it bums me out regardless.

Easy to see how 100 yards in penalties and a couple untimely turnovers will slow down a team. Scoring 20 pts with 460 yards of offense is about the most KF thing ever. That said I'm not too worried about the offense. I think Petras will settle in better and they'll sharpen things up on that end as they get more snaps.

But defensively I'm not nearly as confident in. That's not a great team we played against and we couldn't rush the passer very well. That QB wasn't mobile and we hardly touched him. We couldn't cover Bell (again) and the lack of adjustments by Parker in that regard are frustrating. One dude in the passing game to worry about and we wouldn't try to adjust. So that's a group breakdown between strategy and players executing.

Northwestern looked good but is Maryland just that pathetic? Hard telling from that game which way to lean on that. Northwestern often gives us fits and it looks like they sure could again. We'll need to play clean mistake free football so we'll see

Well this game tempers my hopes down a lot. I won't say expectations because going in I tried not to have many of those. But it bums me out regardless.

Easy to see how 100 yards in penalties and a couple untimely turnovers will slow down a team. Scoring 20 pts with 460 yards of offense is about the most KF thing ever. That said I'm not too worried about the offense. I think Petras will settle in better and they'll sharpen things up on that end as they get more snaps.

But defensively I'm not nearly as confident in. That's not a great team we played against and we couldn't rush the passer very well. That QB wasn't mobile and we hardly touched him. We couldn't cover Bell (again) and the lack of adjustments by Parker in that regard are frustrating. One dude in the passing game to worry about and we wouldn't try to adjust. So that's a group breakdown between strategy and players executing.

Northwestern looked good but is Maryland just that pathetic? Hard telling from that game which way to lean on that. Northwestern often gives us fits and it looks like they sure could again. We'll need to play clean mistake free football so we'll see

Even when we get cupcakes early, the pass rush usually looks like crap, so I wouldn't pack it in just yet.

Northwestern has that grad transfer at QB and he's prolly a helluva lot better than that kid from Purdue. My prediction: 'Cats 38, Hox 15.

I personally think that if we kept the penalty yards to maybe 30 instead of 100, and didn’t put the ball on the ground three times we beat Purdue. Defense is still a mess and has to be addressed, but at least that game we win. NW is a similar team IMO.

The only positive takeaway is the three things that (I think) lost the game—open QB misses, fumbles, and penalties—aren’t scheme or team-level talent issues and can be cleaned up.

It’ll be interesting to see what the RB rotation looks like this week, if there’s one thing Kerk doesn’t tolerate it’s OWIs on mopeds, and fumbles.

Even when we get cupcakes early, the pass rush usually looks like crap, so I wouldn't pack it in just yet.

Northwestern has that grad transfer at QB and he's prolly a helluva lot better than that kid from Purdue. My prediction: 'Cats 38, Hox 15.
Yeah 20 pts won't win us many games this year with our D... First to 30 I think wins this one. What's the weather supposed to be like?

Northwestern has that grad transfer at QB.
That guy and Cronk were BFFs and roomies for four years.

10/10 Fill Parker has had C-Ronk in his office spilling the beans on what Chauncey and Daviyon need to know. Waterboarding is legal in D-1 ball as long as it’s an upperclassman.

I personally think that if we kept the penalty yards to maybe 30 instead of 100, and didn’t put the ball on the ground three times we beat Purdue. Defense is still a mess and has to be addressed, but at least that game we win. NW is a similar team IMO.

The only positive takeaway is the three things that (I think) lost the game—open QB misses, fumbles, and penalties—aren’t scheme or team-level talent issues and can be cleaned up.

It’ll be interesting to see what the RB rotation looks like this week, if there’s one thing Kerk doesn’t tolerate it’s OWIs on mopeds, and fumbles.
Yeah and it's the circumstances of said penalties. They all seemed to hurt and we didn't convert many 3rd downs due to them it didn't seem like. But yeah I'm with you improve on any one of those 3 things you listed and we win that game. That won't be enough going forward. NW looked pretty sharp I gotta say. I did watch more of that game then I should admit. But MD seemed pathetic and quit so hard telling how much to take from that.

What's the weather supposed to be like?
Capture.jpg