Outcoached

Gibsonian

Could go into a lot of details on the loss vs NW but what sums it up to me is that Iowa was badly outcoached. Player readiness, game plan, in-game situational adjustment, player management, offensive scheming, player strength and conditioning, etc, etc, etc.

The coaches have kept the comments on script, have kept the team somewhat together thru this losing streak, that is the best success I see that I can point to the coaching staff.

Everywhere else, we are not progressing, we are regressing.

I don't know if the coaches have it in them to move the team in a forward direction this year. We run a risk to lose one or more of our final two regular season games.

Looks like a Pinstriper to me. A lost season is the best description that I can muster.

Wonder what happened??

They were outcoached against Wisconsin as well. The Penn State game was largely on Stanley. The coaches were not to blame there.

2 losses you can attribute to coaching in some way. 2 really bad ones at that.

They were outcoached against Wisconsin as well. The Penn State game was largely on Stanley. The coaches were not to blame there.

2 losses you can attribute to coaching in some way. 2 really bad ones at that.
The coaches were the most to blame for the PSU game. When your QB is having a miserable game from the very beginning and you are ahead....

You don't call 49 passes. Not to mention we had a RB averaging 5.8 ypc in that game.

Brian is learning on the job. Its true. He's trying and doing somethings right but he is learning on the job and I don't think he's as confident in what he's doing as a ore experienced OC yet.

I didn't think so until this year, but yes, he appears over his head. He cannot get his players ready to play, to play well, and to win. Mediocrity, and unable to change course in a game. If he has a great game plan going in, we have a superb chance. If it's bad or off just a bit, we are unable to react and change course, plow ahead into mediocrity and another loss.

You mean “do what we do?” It works when it works and it doesn’t when it doesn’t but that’s always the gameplan.

Exactly.

If he has a great game plan going in, we have a superb chance.

How would you know that? What evidence have you seen of a great gameplan? Of any gameplan?

I've been saying for years people really shouldn't use the term gameplan w/ Iowa, because ( as BFFP said ) every game's "plan" is the same...

Could go into a lot of details on the loss vs NW but what sums it up to me is that Iowa was badly outcoached. Player readiness, game plan, in-game situational adjustment, player management, offensive scheming, player strength and conditioning, etc, etc, etc.

The coaches have kept the comments on script, have kept the team somewhat together thru this losing streak, that is the best success I see that I can point to the coaching staff.

Everywhere else, we are not progressing, we are regressing.

I don't know if the coaches have it in them to move the team in a forward direction this year. We run a risk to lose one or more of our final two regular season games.

Looks like a Pinstriper to me. A lost season is the best description that I can muster.

Wonder what happened??

Last I read, the mighty Badgers are headed for the Pinstripe Bowl. (ESPN)

So are you when you judge players and coaches. Tell us how you have reached these conclusions.
Are you joking? People like you are hilarious. You act like football is quantum physics, anyone with a functioning brain and eyes can watch the games and see Brian has no clue what he is doing, well actually Kirk doesn't either. Outcoached nearly every single game, no adjustments, fails to exploit teams weaknesses, horrible play calling, trotting Stanley out there snap after snap when he can't get the job done. PSU no run defense and Brian throws 49 times with a qb that cannot throw consistently, and no receivers. NW starting 3 second team defensive backs, and we fail to attack them, instead throwing 23 passes within 3 yards of the LOS. Examples are endless, coupled with the eternal look on his face like he just shit his pants, or is about to. Oh and don't forget, where is our offense ranked?

Are you joking? People like you are hilarious. You act like football is quantum physics, anyone with a functioning brain and eyes can watch the games and see Brian has no clue what he is doing, well actually Kirk doesn't either. Outcoached nearly every single game, no adjustments, fails to exploit teams weaknesses, horrible play calling, trotting Stanley out there snap after snap when he can't get the job done. PSU no run defense and Brian throws 49 times with a qb that cannot throw consistently, and no receivers. NW starting 3 second team defensive backs, and we fail to attack them, instead throwing 23 passes within 3 yards of the LOS. Examples are endless, coupled with the eternal look on his face like he just shit his pants, or is about to. Oh and don't forget, where is our offense ranked?

Stanley cant can't throw, can't get the job done, but why didn't they attack NW db's?
Kicked the ever loving crap out of OSU and Nebby.
I'm not saying it's there all the time, but someone completely in over thirty head???? Come on.
You don't do what they have done when you are completely in over your head.
They just need to do it more often.

Thank you so much for helping to make my point.