Our NFL prospects

koralakers

Serious question. Have our “big 4” NFL early-round hyped “prospects” (Wirfs, Jackson, AJE, Stanley), done ANYTHING to help their status this year? They all have seemingly had “flat” performances, for the most part. It could be that opponents are scheming against them?

Stanley is not a hyped prospect. His name gets mentioned occasionally.

Wirfs has been very good this year. Today not his best day.

Alaric I’ve always felt is highly overrated. He’s big but he ain’t that good... at least not yet anyway.

AJE got a sack. If he gets 8 or more sacks this year that will be plenty of production to get him into a first round. There is a chance he stays. He has some areas for improvement.

I am still underwhelmed by AJE's run defense. I do not think that they move him around enough on pass downs to help use his skills a little better.

The only reason I can see the two tackles leaving and the same for Stanley being picked is the line play and QB play at the pro level is down along with depth at all positions, but watching games all day I think there have been many lineman that look better than ours today. I do not think the Tackles have been dominant enough in either the run or pass game to warrant a high pick. It was a good test today against some similar pro prospects and they failed the test and that will be scrutinized

I think Stanley is an OK prospect and he will get some attention but I would be absolutely shocked if he goes above the 4th round even if the Hawks win out.

I'm afraid this season will follow the precident of the last 2 seasons. Underwhelming team results followed by multiple players leaving early for the NFL while other teams in the West beat Iowa on the field but have few to no early entries.