OT: barta

mrolympia

yes, another barta thread. If you're sick of these you can just use the back button now. Nobody is forcing you to read this.

Just for curiosity sake, how much does it cost to rent a banner plane?

la-sp-ucla-plane-fire-alford-banner-20160314

replace "UCLA" with "Iowa" and "Alford" with "Barta" and you get the gist of it.

yes, another barta thread. If you're sick of these you can just use the back button now. Nobody is forcing you to read this.

replace "UCLA" with "Iowa" and "Alford" with "Barta" and you get the gist of it.

All that...when you could have just Googled...:confused:

Out of curiosity I just texted a buddy of mine who flys crop dusters and has pulled banners before (he doesn’t own or run the banner thing, he just flew it).

What I got from him was that the guy he worked for charged between $5,000 and $30,000, plus fuel, plus pilot hourly rate. The amount is based on 7’ red block letters and depends on the banner length and how long it gets flown which includes the distance to and from the airport.

TIL: you either have to be rich or a complete idiot to propose to your girlfriend using one of those things.

I think sky writing would be more dramatic, and could theoretically be done at a moment’s notice over Kinnick when we’re down 27-3 to Illinois. More effect, in my opinion. And that’d definitely be my ESPN highlight.

Those banners used to fly over almost every Hawkeye game in the past. Not saying fire Hayden or Kirk, but advertising.

I have attended quite a few Michigan football games over the years. Michigan usually has one of those biplanes flying overhead, pulling a big banner. On windy days, it almost looks like the banner is flying the plane (sometimes the plane almost appears to be going backwards as it struggles against the wind). Definitely old school

I have attended quite a few Michigan football games over the years. Michigan usually has one of those biplanes flying overhead, pulling a big banner. On windy days, it almost looks like the banner is flying the plane (sometimes the plane almost appears to be going backwards as it struggles against the wind). Definitely old school
These things fly all the time in the summer along the Jersey Shore. Yeah, there are days where between the ocean headwind and the banner drag they barely move.

The only reason I'd pony any money up on a "Barta" venture is to pay for the moving van that moves him/his crap out of the state of Iowa! Let me know when that venture needs capital.

Latest posts