OSU is shi**ing the bed

1hawkeye1

2-5 in the B1G and losers of 5 of their last 6. I wonder if any freshmen are rethinking their choices about now. :rolleyes:

Things can change quickly, but for now they are all alone in thirteenth place in this conference.

That's a big fall from being ranked #1 in the country (which admittedly doesn't mean much in December)

Their recent home loss to Wisconsin could really stick in their craw.

I absolutely love it. I mean who doesn't. Damn, as long as we beat Wieesconsin. I hate Wisconsin (but I love cheese), but I really hate Wisconsin

Limping past a depleted Northwestern team at home is hardly an impressive feat. Illinois next two are at Purdue and at Michigan. Might be back to reality.

I hope so. If we go 2-0 next week against two teams fighting for our spot in the rankings, then Illinois losses both, we are going to look really good. It might be short lived, but we will be sitting nice one game short of the midway point.

2-5 in the B1G and losers of 5 of their last 6. I wonder if any freshmen are rethinking their choices about now. :rolleyes:
2-1 home
0-4 away

Not surprising really. Most Big10 teams aren’t winning on the road.

MSU is 5-0 home and 1-1 away (win at NW blown out by Purdue)
Nice schedule for them thru 7 to have 5 home games.

I hope so. If we go 2-0 next week against two teams fighting for our spot in the rankings, then Illinois losses both, we are going to look really good. It might be short lived, but we will be sitting nice one game short of the midway point.
Not saying it’s right or wrong, but I literally do not even look at the B1G standings. If we had a shot to win it maybe I would but I think that’s out of the picture now.

With uneven schedules I don’t think it really means much if you finish 3rd or 6th in this league. Sure the double bye is nice in the tournament so maybe I’ll look at that when we get closer, for now I just assume you are going to have a bunch of teams between 9-12 wins in league play.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, but I literally do not even look at the B1G standings. If we had a shot to win it maybe I would but I think that’s out of the picture now.

With uneven schedules I don’t think it really means much if you finish 3rd or 6th in this league. Sure the double bye is nice in the tournament so maybe I’ll look at that when we get closer, for now I just assume you are going to have a bunch of teams between 9-12 wins in league play.
Funny because I look at them about twice a day.

Funny because I look at them about twice a day.
To each their own as they say.

I remember a few years back Wisconsin fans were pissed about getting a lower NCAA seed than other B1G teams, despite finishing like third or fourth in the conference. This was the year they beat Villanova in the 2nd round. The committee doesn’t really look at where you finish in league play though, they look at your quality of wins, strength of schedule and that kind of stuff.

Again the uneven schedules make it less and less meaningful. Double bye is nice but the way this league sets up this year I would give us a pretty good chance against any team outside of MSU on a neutral floor.

Just a month ago they were considered one of the best teams in the country. They lose Wesson(Andre?) for a stretch and it completely unravels. The margin for error is really that thin this year.

Just a month ago they were considered one of the best teams in the country. They lose Wesson(Andre?) for a stretch and it completely unravels. The margin for error is really that thin this year.
So much national parity this year. No Zion Williamson type players (and even he couldn't get Duke to the Final Four). No dominant teams.

Now that Gonzaga is #1 and plays in a non power conference they could easily run the table and stay there. They dismantled a good BYU team last night. The real season will begin in March when we may have a tournament as exciting as last year, when Carsen Edwards put an entire team on his back for a deep run and we had epic Elite Eight and Final Four games. Purdue/Virginia, Texas Tech/Gonzaga, MSU/Duke and Auburn/Kentucky were half a decade worth of high stakes memorable games in one weekend!

When do they get him back?

When do they get him back?
The only guy they lost was Kyle Young and that was only for a few games. He’s played in their recent ones.

I’ve pointed it out in another thread, but at one point this season when they were up there in the rankings they were shooting over 40% from 3. If you look at their team they really don’t have a bunch of really good 3pt shooters. In other words that number was completely unsustainable for them.

The only guy they lost was Kyle Young and that was only for a few games. He’s played in their recent ones.

I’ve pointed it out in another thread, but at one point this season when they were up there in the rankings they were shooting over 40% from 3. If you look at their team they really don’t have a bunch of really good 3pt shooters. In other words that number was completely unsustainable for them.

I could have sworn it was the “other” Wesson. You could very well be right and it was Young. Unsustainable is an understatement they fell off a cliff. They can’t get any sort of spacing on the floor to do anything offensively.

They sure have shit the bed damn. They have some time to turn it around yet but geez. We knocked Michigan out of the rankings and we are back in at 19. Right behind TT at 18. Rutgers. Yeah that Rutgers is in at 24 and are probably better then that. It's just a nutty year overall. For Lonardi to try and do his schtick every week is pointless. Totally pointless.

Latest posts