***Official Iowa Hangs 120 On The Upper Western Illinois State CC (Macomb Campus) Bulldogs Game Thread***

All I said was his announcing wasn't great. He's still an all-time Hawkeye great and that will never change. I don't think opinions should be a determining factory on how much of a Iowa fan someone is. From now on, I'll keep my Settles announcing thoughts to myself.

Have to weigh in here.

Loved Settles when he played. Really like him on the BTN show giving analysis. Short answers and to the point with humor injected.

But last night, he was difficult to listen to. Not a real great color TV voice IMO.

And while its supposed to be a BTN channel/game, no love for Western at all? It was one-sided...probably told to do that by the suits.

Bottom line...it's an early December nothing-game, so the announcers have to talk about a million things besides the game. Not sure we'll be hearing JS when the B1G heats up.

Last edited:
He literally gets paid to do what you guys hate him doing. It wouldn’t matter if it sounded like he had marbles in his mouth, he’s a Hawk. He gets paid to talk about the Hawks. I think you should have what ever opinions ya’ll want, just be aware of what your saying and doing. Would you expect cheers ripping on Hummel on the Purdue board? Would you expect cheers dissing Santa to children? Do you hate the Easter Bunny too?

Latest posts