Offense

SCHawkeye2

Iowa held PSU to the same 17 points as OSU.
Difference is OSU scored 28 against PSU and we scored 12.

Iowa held PSU to the same 17 points as OSU.
Difference is OSU scored 28 against PSU and we scored 12.
giphy.gif

I hope Petras positives in HS was an extremely accurate ball

while the OC is complete garbage for Iowa, it is tough on the offense when you can’t complete more than half your passes

I have been critical of BF many times but today he called a good game. Stanley missed a lot of passes today that would have made a huge impact on the game and changed things completely.

Stanley has never really been clutch on a consistent basis and judging by his postgame new conference it was obviously an emotional game for him.

I am Convinced at this stage he cannot make quick decisions if he has multiple choices. He needs quick one read routes and/or great protection all the time. Maybe that will change if he gets more coaching and it’s his profession

I have been critical of BF many times but today he called a good game. Stanley missed a lot of passes today that would have made a huge impact on the game and changed things completely.

Stanley has never really been clutch on a consistent basis and judging by his postgame new conference it was obviously an emotional game for him.

I am Convinced at this stage he cannot make quick decisions if he has multiple choices. He needs quick one read routes and/or great protection all the time. Maybe that will change if he gets more coaching and it’s his profession
At times I wonder if Stanley suffers from accumulated, long-term, concussion symptoms. Seems ready to go, but the decisions are just not sharp, especially when time is tight.

Iowa needs an elite OC
I hope Petras positives in HS was an extremely accurate ball

while the OC is complete garbage for Iowa, it is tough on the offense when you can’t complete more than half your passes
He broke all of Goff's passing records in CA so hopefully accuracy isn't one of his problems. Brian is brutal as an OC, combine that with Stanley and you have what we have for an offense. Teams just don't even bother respecting our passing game because they know that Stanley isn't going to beat them consistently. Not sure exactly what KOK is getting paid for, but he isn't doing his job as a qb coach that's for sure. Stanley just looks like he doesn't process things fast enough, and is just slow making decisions. Not good for a qb.

He broke all of Goff's passing records in CA so hopefully accuracy isn't one of his problems. Brian is brutal as an OC, combine that with Stanley and you have what we have for an offense. Teams just don't even bother respecting our passing game because they know that Stanley isn't going to beat them consistently. Not sure exactly what KOK is getting paid for, but he isn't doing his job as a qb coach that's for sure. Stanley just looks like he doesn't process things fast enough, and is just slow making decisions. Not good for a qb.
If "whatever you do, don't make a mistake" is Kirk's coaching philosophy and recipe for "success," then, especially in the heat of battle, you tend to hesitate, and miss opportunities badly because of a fear for failure, or retribution. It seems to me.