Of Kirk's tendencies, which one are you happiest he broke?

M

mysteron

The winning this year seems to be directly connected to Kirk's decision to change tendencies, if not out-right listen to rank amateurs suffering from ticket-withdrawal.;)

My favorite pet peeve that he ejected was his tendency to take a knee at the end of both halves. Now you can argue that the second half knee has an upside. But leaving points on the board with time on the clock is a common trait among those who play not to lose rather than play to win. Obviously Kirk is playing to win in many facets this year.

What's you favorite tendency he has gotten away from this year?

The winning this year seems to be directly connected to Kirk's decision to change tendencies, if not out-right listen to rank amateurs suffering from ticket-withdrawal.;)

My favorite pet peeve that he ejected was his tendency to take a knee at the end of both halves. Now you can argue that the second half knee has an upside. But leaving points on the board with time on the clock is a common trait among those who play not to lose rather than play to win. Obviously Kirk is playing to win in many facets this year.

What's you favorite tendency he has gotten away from this year?

KF may have heard about rumblings from the fan base but I think what has changed his tendendencies is when he/coaching staff decided to look at every aspect of the FB operation. KF knows way more than us rank amateurs.

One tendency that seems to be broken is almost always running on 2nd and 10 after an incompletion on 1st down. And the hawks may be calling more first down passes.

The other tendency I think has changed is more counter plays mainly off run blocking. The hawk run game has more built in counter action when CJ turns from center one direction and the blocking flow is that same direction but CJ continues to turn and hand back the other direction ala Canzeri's 75 yard TD against the illini.

I like that he is going for it on 4th and short more often. Historically, he has actually gone for it on 4th down quite a bit through the years, but this year it's a lot more.

Going for it on 4th down while in the red zone against a tough opponent is something I really like. We all know that sometimes it doesn't work, but to win tough games especially on the road it is sometimes necessary to take bigger risks.

exclusive zone blocking / zone running. Now we see other kinds of runs now. Counter and even the toss sweep.

the knee thingy and deciding to go for it more .....dates to 2013,

The biggest change, apart from all of that is we have players who can make plays when we need them.

exclusive zone blocking / zone running. Now we see other kinds of runs now. Counter and even the toss sweep.

the knee thingy and deciding to go for it more .....dates to 2013,

The biggest change, apart from all of that is we have players who can make plays when we need them.

You make it sound like this is the first year since 2009 we've had those type of players. Ummmmm, we had CJB and some other playmakers who shouldn't have been riding the bench last year. So I would say he's shown an improved tendency to identify who the BEST players are.

They've become a much better second half team than they have for years. So far they are finishing opponents when the opportunity presents itself.

They've become a much better second half team than they have for years. So far they are finishing opponents when the opportunity presents itself.

Agreed. Keeping the foot on the gas for 4 quarters is refreshing. Keep coaching and save the fundraising for slugs like Barta.

Latest posts