O Line

IowaTeddy

What happened to Iowa having maulers up front? Watching Iowa’s O Line play (and roster checking jersey numbers, as I become familiar with who’s out there), what happened to our O Line player development? Where is the size?

There are a few 280-290 lb guys out there and they’re not getting it done. Not that weight = success. It’s obviously not that simple. But where are the big, mean OGs?

We can say whatever we want about Stanley, play calling, Brian Ferentz... but it starts and ends up front for Iowa. That’s the kind of offensive team we’ve always been under KF. ight now, we are getting dominated at the LOS.

We all know Chris Doyle as a person. Had to go! No question. But He is the best strength and conditioning coach in the country. Hands down. Iowa OLine is living proof of that. Night and day

We all know Chris Doyle as a person. Had to go! No question. But He is the best strength and conditioning coach in the country. Hands down. Iowa OLine is living proof of that. Night and day
Let's see how the really young Olinemen look next Sept after a year of lots of protein and workouts. Sometimes an 18 year old is just not ready to add 25 pounds of muscle yet. Richmond and Plumb and the other player who played tackle sure look like they have the frames and even leaner builds and height to add 20+ pounds of muscle. I think Plumb in a couple of years older but what the hey.

Aren't the current S&Cond coaches using the same Doyle approach minus the rhabdo exercises??

Iowa’s offensive line has had problems for ten years. I don’t see the evidence that Doyle was worth all the money he was getting paid.

For all the good press given to the offensive line in previous years, one would think Iowa would have led the conference in rushing, or close to it. Not the case at all.

Latest posts