O line

Iceman

The pass protection is absolutely horrible. CJ has no chance even if he had someone to throw too. Need major changes

I don't disagree with you Icehawk, but routes are just a part of it. New OC is very much needed. Routes, blocking, quarterback, play calling, who is playing, who is being recruited, are all part of this issue. Look what Texas Tech does with passing game with equal or lesser talent

You're an idiot. Route scheme sucks and CJ holds the ball too long.....

Since you can call posters idiots without mods doing anything to you I will call you an idiot because you cant see or have a stopwatch in your head because many times CJ doesnt have 2 seconds on many drop backs. On 3 step drops defenders are clutching on him so quick he has no chance.

CJ is actually getting rid of the ball too quick on some passes so he doesnt get sacked as he knows the rush is coming. Man you are blind as well. CJ is off for sure. The long pass that was intercepted again it looked like he had a clean pocket but by the time he measured the pass and stepped into the throw a rusher crushed him.

Quit being a stupid angry poster just to be argumentative.

Since you can call posters idiots without mods doing anything to you I will call you an idiot because you cant see or have a stopwatch in your head because many times CJ doesnt have 2 seconds on many drop backs. On 3 step drops defenders are clutching on him so quick he has no chance.

CJ is actually getting rid of the ball too quick on some passes so he doesnt get sacked as he knows the rush is coming. Man you are blind as well. CJ is off for sure. The long pass that was intercepted again it looked like he had a clean pocket but by the time he measured the pass and stepped into the throw a rusher crushed him.

Sorry man but you are wrong. The line was giving CJ plenty of time. He has never made quick decisions or thrown the ball too soon. Had he thrown the deep ball sooner on the pick it would've been a td. He has zero pocket sense and once he decides to scramble he looks slow and scared ala JVB. The Oline was pushing a damn good defense around for most of the game.

On the interception, he had plenty of time, but hopped 3 times before throwing the ball. Watch the replay. Smith had him beat right off the bat and the ball should have been in the air as soon as he turned. YOu can't call me stupid! Mods! Waaa....shut-up and try to learn a little something now and then. Just because someone isn't going to listen to a bunch of 'crazies' run their mouths about things they know very little of, doesn't mean I'm angry, lol....Grrr....., lol

Why do you think Iowa goes into the shotgun on obvious passing players? This OL is not stopping anybody right now on pass protection. All Michigan had to do on passing downs was bring the blitz.

While I am not the most knowledgeable about all the aspects of the game, I will say that last night my friend and I counted on pass plays. Nearly every play he had more than enough time to let it go. He took the play away himself and not the O-line. He just refused to get the ball out. I have said these lines many times this year - "Get it out! Don't stand there waiting too long."
O-line was fine last night.

Why do you think Iowa goes into the shotgun on obvious passing players? This OL is not stopping anybody right now on pass protection. All Michigan had to do on passing downs was bring the blitz.
I hate to point out the obvious to you, every team that brings a blitz, pretty much breaks down the protection....that is the point of blitzing, lol....and most of the time it is up to a back or the QB to 'beat' the extra man. What is 'obvious passing players'? lol....If a player passes them, they 'shoot them'? Try to sober up before sharing your enlightening 'opinions' with us, would ya, lol..............

Pass protection has been ok, not great.

All 3 things can be true.... pass pro could be better, CJ could be quicker, and the biggest...the OC could help them both.

Really gotta chill with the "idiot" talk though.

I hate to point out the obvious to you, every team that brings a blitz, pretty much breaks down the protection....that is the point of blitzing, lol....and most of the time it is up to a back or the QB to 'beat' the extra man. What is 'obvious passing players'? lol....If a player passes them, they 'shoot them'? Try to sober up before sharing your enlightening 'opinions' with us, would ya, lol..............

Good pass protection means picking up the blitz's. The Iowa OL can't even protect without blitzing.

Good pass protection means picking up the blitz's. The Iowa OL can't even protect without blitzing.

The passing game has struggled all season long, for a variety of reasons, but to give the devil his due, we were going against one of the top 3 defenses in the country, with REALLY good CBs. hard for an average passing game to look good in that scenarios.

It's weird to me in that respect, because they are a good run-blocking team. Wadley averaged 5 yards/carry against that very tough front 7.

Latest posts