NW about to take down Sparty

I don’t think Iowa beats Purdue on Tuesday
I kind of get the "expect the worse, be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed" mindset I suppose but, for whatever it's worth, I'm not particularly afraid of Purdue at this juncture. I think the Hawks handle them.

I'm just saying for whatever reason, Iowa struggles with Purdue. I thought Iowa was a decent team last year and ended up struggling with them. Maybe I can't get that 104-68 beat down out of my head.

I'm just saying for whatever reason, Iowa struggles with Purdue. I thought Iowa was a decent team last year and ended up struggling with them. Maybe I can't get that 104-68 beat down out of my head.
That’s fair. But barring injury/illness it’s hard for me to envision this team losing back to back games. That’s why I’m confident.

We're not deep. That may be our biggest weakness.

Some teams around the league know how to get Garza in foul trouble and Purdue is one of them.

Sometime before the conference season is over, Ulis, Perkins or Kris Murray are going to get thrown into the breech and it's going to be trial by fire.

Keegan, Patrick, and basically Nunge haven't been through conference wars yet either, so even in our top nine there is going to be some learning and relearning on the fly .

Some teams around the league know how to get Garza in foul trouble and Purdue is one of them.

Sometime before the conference season is over, Ulis, Perkins or Kris Murray are going to get thrown into the breech and it's going to be trial by fire.

Keegan, Patrick, and basically Nunge haven't been through conference wars yet either, so even in our top nine there is going to be some learning and relearning on the fly .
Can’t remember a deeper team at Iowa myself.

Can’t remember a deeper team at Iowa myself.
Were top heavy. We need more consistency from our six through nine once conference season begins. And we could get it. But would you trust anyone from Pat on down if they got thrown into the breach at Wisconsin or Illinois?

This could be the deepest FRAN team, but the talent at the top end makes us look deeper than we are. Nunge is a huge key here. He could be a matchup nightmare if he's on.

“We aren’t deep”. Huh?

Were top heavy. We need more consistency from our six through nine once conference season begins. And we could get it. But would you trust anyone from Pat on down if they got thrown into the breach at Wisconsin or Illinois?

This could be the deepest FRAN team, but the talent at the top end makes us look deeper than we are. Nunge is a huge key here. He could be a matchup nightmare if he's on.
As I stated in another post...5 of our top 9 are in their 1st or 2nd year of college hoops. We’re a blend of veterans and youth.

Yes I do have confidence in our 9 man rotation. And the 4 guys off the bench go a long way toward making us better defensively IMO. Murray reminds me of Greg Stokes. Anyone old enough to remember Stokes knows that’s a huge compliment.

Do we still have Garza? Still have JW? Are they pissed off they lost last game? Since the answer to all those are the same I'll pick the Hawks tonight.

Iowa opened at -8. It’s now -6.5. Purdue is taking the money. I had a hunch this would happen and waited until today to bet on Iowa.

As I stated in another post...5 of our top 9 are in their 1st or 2nd year of college hoops. We’re a blend of veterans and youth.

Yes I do have confidence in our 9 man rotation. And the 4 guys off the bench go a long way toward making us better defensively IMO. Murray reminds me of Greg Stokes. Anyone old enough to remember Stokes knows that’s a huge compliment.
Whoa! Slow your roll. Murray reminds you of Greg Stokes? I think the jury's still out on that one.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion. Cool thing is we all get to have one and they can be completely different.