NW 3-0

We absolutely need to improve our perimeter defense. They will burn us from outside if we don't. I would like to see guys like Keegan and even Patrick get more playing time because of their length and ability to disrupt shots.

Virginia has the #11 defense. Anyone that follows basketball knows they are good every year on defense.

Well they lost 98-75 to Gonzaga on a neutral court. And...Kispert tied a Gonzaga record with 9 three pointers. It happens to the best defensive teams...not just Iowa.

It's amazing what one tiny free throw will do to change the course of a game. When you are closing out games in the Big Ten on the road, if you don't hit the late game free throws...you are going to lose.

If Toussaint and Frederick go 5-9 during that late stretch, instead of 4-9...we have a one point lead with 5.4 seconds left after Carr's three. Hell, you can throw it to the other end of the floor and likely win. This was a gift of epic proportions to Minnesota. The sad part...Toussaint and Frederick, in those situations, would hit 4-9 probably once in 25 replays of that scenario...maybe 50 replays of the late game scenarios.

It seems it's the small things that can come back and bite you in the ass. Free throws are one of the most important parts of a game, so WOTC, I agree

How did NW get to 3-0 in the league; and how will you feel after we lose to them?
If you watched games you would know how NW got to 3-0? They’re good! As for Tuesday’s game... You will have to work on your negative attitude on your own. I can’t help you there.

It's amazing what one tiny free throw will do to change the course of a game. When you are closing out games in the Big Ten on the road, if you don't hit the late game free throws...you are going to lose.

If Toussaint and Frederick go 5-9 during that late stretch, instead of 4-9...we have a one point lead with 5.4 seconds left after Carr's three. Hell, you can throw it to the other end of the floor and likely win. This was a gift of epic proportions to Minnesota. The sad part...Toussaint and Frederick, in those situations, would hit 4-9 probably once in 25 replays of that scenario...maybe 50 replays of the late game scenarios.
And we couldn't blame it on the band this time. In 1989 we lost a close game up there largely because we couldn't make free throws. Afterwards it was reported that members of the Minnesota band, stationed behind Iowa’s basket, were reflecting light off their horns and drum cymbals into our free throw shooters eyes. Kind of like Derrick Lutz distracting the high diver in Back To School.

Who has a career night tomorrow from Northwestern on us? We will struggle to hold down Nance and Buie. They are long, quick and Buie has range. Northwestern has a solid team. Another poor night of shooting from the Hawks and I can see this as a loss and won't be surprised.

Latest posts