Nov. night games

DUHawkeye

I thought I read something on the "On the Side" column about league policy not permitting night games in November. Does anyone have info on this? I know we played MN last year at night, in November. Is this a new rule for this year? Does it only apply to outside stadiums?

I believe its always been a rule. Minnesota has been exempt in the past because of the dome, but they aren't any longer. I think it has to do with the weather.

It has been Big 10 policy for years. Due to the poor weather during the month of Nov the league does not allow for night games. This is mainly in the interest of the fans and for their protection more than anything. The game in Minn was allowed because of the dome therefore no risk to the fans in the stands. Obviously that is no longer the case since they opened the new stadium.

It has been Big 10 policy for years. Due to the poor weather during the month of Nov the league does not allow for night games. This is mainly in the interest of the fans and for their protection more than anything. The game in Minn was allowed because of the dome therefore no risk to the fans in the stands. Obviously that is no longer the case since they opened the new stadium.

What, they think some drunk students will show up with nothing but body paint for shirts?

The rule makes sense, I had just never heard of it before. Thanks.

I am not a fan of the rule. I don't think they should rule out every game at night in November, but if there is a big game (Iowa @ tO$U) that is made for PrimeTime