Nothing will change

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo12208

5 years from now or less everything will basically be the same...there still will be racists, people giving lip service about everything that is discussed now.. people are not going to change. They are what they are. I am very glad that I moved to South America 3 years ago.

5 years from now or less everything will basically be the same...there still will be racists, people giving lip service about everything that is discussed now.. people are not going to change. They are what they are. I am very glad that I moved to South America 3 years ago.

I hope you are wrong. I have some hope. However, the legacy of racism in our country goes back to the 1600s. Our founding fathers owned people that were captured from their homes sent here on boats. That legacy lives with us, and there are many in this country that think racism doesn't exist anymore, and that everyone is too sensitive.

This cold be a time that we could, as allies, listen to people. But, our county is chocked full of vitriol at the moment. Our leaders are divisive and combative. That part isn't encouraging.

Things will be incrementally different. Think about decades.

Desegregation issues we're still going on in the 70s. She went to HS in St Louis. She lived near a black neighborhood but hers was completely white. A black NFL player moved across the street. A guy she went to HS and is black served in the Obama admin.

Things for sure will be different. Just not that fast. My community is pressured to hire there first police officers, teachers and admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.