Norm's last hurrah?

Drakebulldog93

When we were paired against Mizzou last bowl season, many on here feared a beat down...me included, as we were humbled against 'spread' offenses during the regular season.

Norm found a way to win, even though it took a freak INT and return to win the game.

What's your thoughts on what is probably Norm's last game as the DC versus a team that was picked by many to play in the NC game, but floundered down the stretch.

We don't have the horses we did last year. So how does Norm pull this on off against a team that is better on paper than that Missouri team we upset last year?

Clearly, the Defense, once again has not been the Major problem again this year. The Defense played 'well enough' to win at Nebraska, at Penn State and at Minnesota until the 4th quarter.

Drake: You need to worry A LOT more about the Offense playing good enough to win, NOT the defense

Their defense is pretty average. Check out the stats.

Their #1 receiver and #1 running back are out. Are they really better than Mizzou last year? Not sure

I think the Iowa defense is going to play with their hair on fire. I'm willing to bet this is the last game for Norm and you can rest assured the Hawks will be ready.

Outside the Orange Bowl the Iowa staff has done a great job of game planning in bowl games. I hear you with the concerns about the offense but these extra practices can do wonders.

At first I went WTF...then I remembered the second half beat down we took from Southern Cal. That was a beech slap.

At first I went WTF...then I remembered the second half beat down we took from Southern Cal. That was a beech slap.

Ferentz admitted he let the players have too much fun prior that game. I think he learned from it and ever since those bowl trips have been all business.

It's all about the KOK, boyz

Is it? I'm pretty sure KOK runs KF's system.... in fact I know KOK likes run a more open playbook but KF likes the conservative pro style. It's more on what KF offensive philosophy plan was approved for the game and can the players execute it.

Latest posts