No need to worry about Detroit or Albuquerque

I REALLY hope the Hawks can figure out a way to beat Purdue. In a bad/rebuilding year to get to 7 wins would be huge. At 7 wins I think Iowa has a shot at the Gator Bowl.

Iowa needs to win one of the next two and hope Ohio State and Illinois lose out while Northwestern only wins one of the next two (or lose both). I think a 7-5 iowa team would be picked over a 6-6 Ohio State team--just don't see the Buckeye faithful being willing to travel much to see that team, especially if they lose to Michigan.

How embarrassing would it be to lose to a C-USA team? And even if we won, who the hell would care? That would just be a lose-lose all the way around for the Hawks. I'd rather get smoked by a decent team, at least the potential loss wouldn't be as embarrassing from a reputation standpoint.

Every where I look, I see Ticket City Bowl. Which usually means= no Ticket City Bowl. We have at least one more win in us, hell we may win both! 8-4 and Outback?

The lesser bowl we get, the more likely i think we win. If we were to play in the gator or insight, i think we get smoked...but at the same time we play up to our opponets. Ticket city would be fun.

The lesser bowl we get, the more likely i think we win. If we were to play in the gator or insight, i think we get smoked...but at the same time we play up to our opponets. Ticket city would be fun.

I do not care what bowl we go to, we will not get "smoked." I would put big money on that one. We may lose, but it will be competitive. "Smoked" is highly unlikely.

How long until the fan base loses its traveling reputation bc we play in lesser bowls? I cant imagine many go.

I do not care what bowl we go to, we will not get "smoked." I would put big money on that one. We may lose, but it will be competitive. "Smoked" is highly unlikely.

I agree, other than 2002 when was the last time Iowa got "smoked" in a bowl under KF? It hasn't happened.

How long until the fan base loses its traveling reputation bc we play in lesser bowls? I cant imagine many go.

If we go to Detroit or Albuquerque, the following will be horrendous. Nobody wants to go to New Mexico before X-mas and nobody wants to go Detroit in the middle of winter for a Tuesday night game. The only good thing coming out of getting to any bowl is the additional practices. Otherwise unless we at least go to Dallas, the bowl season is a waste.

If we go to Detroit or Albuquerque, the following will be horrendous. Nobody wants to go to New Mexico before X-mas and nobody wants to go Detroit in the middle of winter for a Tuesday night game. The only good thing coming out of getting to any bowl is the additional practices. Otherwise unless we at least go to Dallas, the bowl season is a waste.
Thats how I feel you couldnt pay me enough to go to nm or.detroit

The big thing about any bowl game IMO is the extra practices. Two years from today no one will care what bowl we played in (cause it's not going to be a big one). We need the development time for the young kids>

We will still travel better than any other school they could get in that game. Then in the future when it is a better game we will travel just like we always do. We are not losing that reputation anytime soon. It would take multiple years of us not showing up for descent bowl games to affect that reputation.

Thats how I feel you couldnt pay me enough to go to nm or.detroit

It's gotta suck for this senior class. Guys like McNutt, Prater, Binns, and others just two years ago were playing on a BCS national stage in Miami. Two years later, there is the very real possibility they may end their career playing some WAC or MAC team in New Mexico or Detroit, in front of a TV audience that overall would rather watch reruns of the slap-chop infomercial than watch those bowl games.

It's gotta suck for this senior class. Guys like McNutt, Prater, Binns, and others just two years ago were playing on a BCS national stage in Miami. Two years later, there is the very real possibility they may end their career playing some WAC or MAC team in New Mexico or Detroit, in front of a TV audience that overall would rather watch reruns of the slap-chop infomercial than watch those bowl games.

In our defense, that slap-chop infomercial is pretty great. ;)

Do not feel to sorry for McNutt as this season has done a lot for his chances of collecting an NFL paycheck.

If they do not want Detroit or NM,they will be extremely motivated the next two weeks,which is a good thing.
Again,I think the floor for bowls for this team is the TicketCity Bowl,which is south,in Dallas,and a decent trip for the seniors to go out on. Is it played in the Cowboy stadium or the Cotton Bowl?
Texas Bowl would be better,as I know that is in Cowboy stadium,which I think would draw a lot of Iowa fans just to check it out.
Hawks need to win this week,and then go balls out vs Nebraska and try to finish strong. A good season still hangs in the balance....9-4 is worlds different from 6-7.
9-4 might even let Iowa slip into the top 25.

The Ticket City Bowl is in the Cotton Bowl. Beings that game is on January 2nd, I think we would have a pretty good fan following to that game.

We would never accept a bid to the New Mexico Bowl because it is played the day after final exams. They couldn't get down to New Mexico with a full team without doing a whole lot of rearranging.

Latest posts