No more "like" button?

MeatMan

I just was about to "like" another stellar post by Shane, and realized there is no more like button. Not a huge deal, because I can just tell him so, but it got me wondering why it was taken off.

weird how I didn't even notice til you said something, guess there hasn't been much to like lately.

Think HawkeyeNation uses the same software engine as CycloneFanatic (it hurt to say that by the way). CF annouced a couple days ago that the "like" function would be gone for awhile (technical issues). Hell, they already have a thread with over 300 replies about it.....

I'm also getting a 404 error on the Rivalry and Off-Topic forums. Was there an upgrade that went awry or something?

Dang, I was closing in on 2300 likeys. Total is gone from my profile page.

Me no likey!!!

Guess we'll all have to go back to "Chad" and "ostrich"

Last edited:
Even though JD liked all the traffic on here the past week and particular the past 24 hours. I don't think JD's system likey all the traffic.

last night after the game, we had to scale up the servers...there were more people on this site simultaneously than any other time in the 4.5 years of the independent version of this site.

Hawkeye Buzz has never been fixed, no more likes....that's what you get with an absentee site owner, I guess.

???

I no follow...

Chad=like
Ostrich=disapprove

???

Was back before the days of the "Like" button. If people agreed with your post they would reply with "chad", where chad came from I have no idea. Pretty sure Vintage had a hand in it, somehow. JDM got tired of all the chad posts and politely suggested it stop. So someone suggested "ostrich" as the new chad. Well it didn't take long for JDM to disapprove of that reply as well. Then came the "Like" button.

I could be wrong on which came first, Chad or Ostrich. Perhaps someone could help me out there.

Feel free to "Chad" or "Ostrich" this post. :rolleyes:

Chad came first. There was a guy who would essentially "sign" his posts. It sort of took a life of it's own, with many other words.

last night after the game, we had to scale up the servers...there were more people on this site simultaneously than any other time in the 4.5 years of the independent version of this site.

I'm still mildly surprised by that. I would have thought the DJK incident set the bar pretty high.

Latest posts