New Kirk is history!

photostudio_1477164650487_1.jpg

You can only blame all the people that thought we were great from last years record.Nothing changed other than we won the close games last year.We aren't very good on both sides of the ball and that goes back to coaching.

I match Kirk in age and in some important characteristics of my generation at the end of the day he seems in it for himself first. They didn't call us the me generation all those years for nothing. I don't hate the man as he has many sides to him and a side of him represents the university well IMO. He also has an arrogant side that we ignore at our peril.

I bought into the idea last season that Kirk had made up his mind to go out a winner and thought he would retire in another season or two when he had the program back to where he wanted it. In reality Kirk had his back to the wall with his buyout at a point where it had become manageable and the natives and probably some of the donors becoming restless. We played to win last season and as his pattern Kirk did some of his best coaching when he had something to prove and a light schedule helped the cause. Now we have returned back to the same archaic, conservative mindset.

The evidence suggests when he is in danger of losing his job he will play to win. When he knows he can't be fired he becomes very, very apathetic. It's going to be a long 6 years. That is probably the soonest he will be let go.

You can only blame all the people that thought we were great from last years record.Nothing changed other than we won the close games last year.We aren't very good on both sides of the ball and that goes back to coaching.

............. and recruiting.

All New Kirk was is two fake FG in the OOC schedule, and adjusting to try to score at the end of the first half instead of taking knees.

The latter is a good new kirk, the former stupid because we have never tried a fake again.

I am so sick of crap offense. We don't adjust anything. NOTHING. While we had tendencies under KOK, at least we finished higher than bottom 3rd in stats.

I mean, how do we have a 2nd team all big10 QB, potential NFL draft pick and look THIS BAD???

I match Kirk in age and in some important characteristics of my generation at the end of the day he seems in it for himself first. They didn't call us the me generation all those years for nothing. I don't hate the man as he has many sides to him and a side of him represents the university well IMO. He also has an arrogant side that we ignore at our peril.

I bought into the idea last season that Kirk had made up his mind to go out a winner and thought he would retire in another season or two when he had the program back to where he wanted it. In reality Kirk had his back to the wall with his buyout at a point where it had become manageable and the natives and probably some of the donors becoming restless. We played to win last season and as his pattern Kirk did some of his best coaching when he had something to prove and a light schedule helped the cause. Now we have returned back to the same archaic, conservative mindset.

Arrogance or stubborness? Or maybe his stubborness is arrogance. I give Nick Saban credit he probably hates everything about Lane Kiffin, but he knows he can dial up plays and coach quarterbacks. Saban wasn't afraid to go out of his comfort zone and bring Kiffin in.

Last edited:
---------We're too good of a fan base to have to put up with this staff.

That is horse shit....a real fan base, along with no nonsense boosters would have revolted after 2014 and gotten this fraud run out of town before he had a chance to perform last years smoke and mirrors trick!!!!!

We're too good of a fan base to have to put up with this staff.

Except we're not. The majority is happy with 7-5. That's why it's in KF's contract. Very few will ever actually cancel their season tickets. To many Iowa fans see Saturday home games as a tradition.

Remember when Michigan fans held a rally outside their AD's house three years ago? Can you ever imagine Iowa fans doing that? Those zealots are the driver of real change. Iowa fans will never have that type of passion. So yes, we as a fan base deserve this.

---------Remember when Michigan fans held a rally outside their AD's house three years ago? Can you ever imagine Iowa fans doing that? Those zealots are the driver of real change. Iowa fans will never have that type of passion. So yes, we as a fan base deserve this.

I was making the exact same point all through the 2014 season!!!

Latest posts