New B1G commish

What's with the Grand Canyon U enrollment? Was that online? Or back when they were a small college?

Strong resume', no strong ties to any one B1G school, no baggage (apparently), not hand-picked by Delaney or the ADs at O$U or scUM.

I was pretty unimpressed with his press conference...every question seemed to be answered by "I'm going to study this". And your list of good things consists of "strong resume (that has little to anything involved with college sports)" and "NOT (a bunch of stuff)".

I was pretty unimpressed with his press conference...every question seemed to be answered by "I'm going to study this". And your list of good things consists of "strong resume (that has little to anything involved with college sports)" and "NOT (a bunch of stuff)".

<<I was unimpressed with his press conference>>

Copied and pasted from a KF thread?

Last edited:
No, I just want a reason to like this hire and no one seems to have one beyond things that have little to nothing to do with being a conference leader.

No, I just want a reason to like this hire and no one seems to have one beyond things that have little to nothing to do with being a conference leader.
Here are some of my personal observations: *He seems to get how the business side of things works. Let's face it - the B1G has become REALLY big business and he impresses me as knowing his stuff; *While a teammate of Fran years ago, he is from B1G West country, and does not seem to live bowing down at the feet of the perceived "big" schools (Ohio State, etc.); *He does not have big city stars in his eyes and hence does not bow down to the Rotten Apple - I would expect that, as soon as he possibly can, he will deep six the conference's relationship with the worthless Pinstripe Bowl (one of THE last things Delaney made sure he kept); *I think you will find he has the stomach to go after some of the unpruned, rotten fruit in the conference. I think the Michigan State mess would have had a far different ending under him. Just my hunch observations. I guess we'll see what comes to pass.