NET Rankings (with updates)

We can win in Champaign. Do the same thing we did early in last night's game and run that big doofus up and down the court until he turns purple, then do the same thing to Coleman Hawkins.
If we somehow get another double digit win there, we almost have to be a 4 seed don't we? You just can't argue we aren't a top 16 team at that point.

After how we've looked the last 10 games, it's high time the committee seeds us close to where our NET is. Our NET was clearly inflated for whatever reason earlier in the year. But not now. We've looked like a top 10 team for over a month now. Let alone a 15th ranked team.

I agree, I know people keep pointing to our record against Q1 opponents and the weak non conference but once you get past teams on the 3 seed line they all have warts. Iowa has an inflated NET because of the offensive and defensive efficiency. When Iowa wins they win by a lot, even last night they won by 11, and when they lose it's usually a close game with the exception of the Iowa State game. That should prove to the committee that Iowa can play with anybody.

They have really stepped up their defense and rebounding, limiting possessions the last 7-8 games. Really proud of the team. I think they realize that is the key to success for this team to achieve. They are going to have to keep that up to have a nice run.

I think your spot on and equally as important I feel this is the biggest reason a lot of fans had low expectations for this team going into the season. Despite the players we lost I don't think the question marks were as big on the offensive end of the floor as they were on the defensive end and on the boards. Now the effort has to continue to be there night in and night out on a consistent basis which I think it has lately.

I for one am ready to eat some crow after hopefully enjoying two nice tournament runs, one being BIG10 and the other being the one that really matters. We struggled in both, but the emergence of our defense and rebounding the last few weeks is what we've needed to get over the hump.

Net didn't move after beating Northwestern, at least not for Iowa, the margin of defeat did knock Northwestern down NINE spots after yesterdays game. But another Quad 2 win, Rutgers is also a Quad 2, Iowa really needs to get to Saturday's game to get another shot at a Quad 1. Wins over Northwestern or Rutgers will not move the needle at all for seeding purposes.

capture.jpg

Sorry this is late, Iowa did move up 1 spot after beating Rutgers. Not sure if beating Indiana will move the NET ranking or not, we will find out in the morning. It will be the final one that the committee sees before doing the seeding, the game against Purdue will not matter. Iowa will be playing for a trophy and the right to cut down the nets tomorrow.

At least Iowa got another Q1 win!

capture.jpg

It would be interesting to look and see which seed has been upset more in the opening round, the 4 or the 5.

If it's a noticeable difference then there may be an advantage to be one or the other

here is an article on that, the 5 seed wins 65% of the time while the 4 seed wins 78% of the time.

But once they are in the 2nd round the 5 seed wins 53% of the time.

I’m not going to repost the NET team sheet because it did not change. Iowa is likely a 5 seed in the big dance no matter what happens in the championship game.

Look back at last year’s record. We were a 2 seed and in the top 10 most of the year. We have more wins this year already. I know the experts are saying 5 to 6 but with our body of work and the way we are playing we should be in consideration for a 4 seed.

Assuming one see's Iowa currently as a 5 seed and we win today.......the currently most popular 4 seeds are shown with Iowa below. You can play around with this but seems Arkansas would have to be the most likely candidate that we would replace. Again makes the assumption no other current 5's are stronger candidates than us.