Need some help watching games from Tennessee

clim3

relocating due to work and can't get satellite right away. What is the best way to watch games via internet. Can you link to a "smart tv" somehow ? Any advice appreciated.

If you get the BTN2GO app and the ESPN WATCH APP you should be pretry covered. Other posters will also post links a few days before each game

In order to use ESPN, FOX, and BTN apps, you need some kind of cable or streaming service that offers ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, BTN and Local ABC and FOX channels.

If you don't have a cable package that has all those channels, you will need some kind of streaming service that offers all of them. Sling, for example, does not carry BTN.

I know last year Playstation Vue had all the channels I needed at around $50 a month. I wish it was cheaper, but it was the only streaming service that had all those channels. If it still offers the same deal this year, thats the service I would sign up for.

I also hear that hulu this year will carry the BTN

Last edited:
The world wide web with no state income taxes, mild winters and some of the most beautiful golf courses around. Give us some feedback after you have been there for a year as to what you think.
Wait .... Tennessee has golf courses?

I'll take no income taxes for all the Idaho/Iowa mixups, farmer and flyover country jokes.

Why can't we have that?

In order to use ESPN, FOX, and BTN apps, you need some kind of cable or streaming service that offers ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, BTN and Local ABC and FOX channels.

If you don't have a cable package that has all those channels, you will need some kind of streaming service that offers all of them. Sling, for example, does not carry BTN.

I know last year Playstation Vue had all the channels I needed at around $50 a month. I wish it was cheaper, but it was the only streaming service that had all those channels. If it still offers the same deal this year, thats the service I would sign up for.

Thanks for the reminder about Vue. I checked 2-3 weeks ago and it was $45. I'm thinking about switching but I'll check hulu now. Does Vue work better with a PlayStation console?

Don't wonder off the beaten path to far. I used to live up in the blue ridge mountains for two years before I moved down to Atlanta where I lived for fifteen years. There's some interesting people back in those hills. No electricity, telephone, running water. You might want to watch the movie "Diliverance" if you haven't already.

Also be careful where you go at night in some of the bigger cities. A lot of gang violence and drug trafficking. I had a friend from work pull off to get gas and he got robbed at gun point. He dropped his wallet and then ran for his pickup truck. As he tore out of he parking lot they shot at his truck and filled it full of bullet holes. His kids were sleeping in the back seat of the pickup. Luckily no one was hurt. I noticed the bullet holes when he got to work the next day and that is when he told me what happened. If I remember right I think that was Nashville where that happened at.

I am glad to finally be out of that region of the country and living now in Provo, Utah which is about 40 miles south of Salt Lake City.

Playstation Vue. I was just on chat with DirecTV this morning and now that much closer to doing their free trial month and switch.

relocating due to work and can't get satellite right away. What is the best way to watch games via internet. Can you link to a "smart tv" somehow ? Any advice appreciated.
Where ya moving to? I'm 2 hours from Memphis and Nashville. Nashville's got great places to go watch games it's a fun city easy to get around too. Memphis is really ghetto. Has great barbeque down town and of course Elvis on the southern part of it but that's about it...

Except if you have Roku, apparently...

TENNESSEE
MEMPHIS IOWA CLUB
Ty's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que
7174 Stage Road, Bartlett, TN 38133
901-384-8111
http://www.tyssmokehouse.com

Skybox Bar & Grill
2140 W. Poplar Ave., #101, Collierville, TN 38017
901-854-0509
http://www.theskyboxgrilltn.com

NASHVILLE IOWA CLUB
Bailey's Pub & Grille
408 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203
615-254-5452
http://www.baileyssportsgrille.com/locations/nashvillle

Wife and I are going to be in Nashville for a little weekend get away over Labor Day weekend. Hoping I can talk her into going to Baileys to watch the game.

I've been in Nashville for a little over 10 years now, and I will never leave. I absolute love this place. Bailey's downtown on Broadway is a great place to watch any game with the alums. Otherwise, check out Sam's in Belle Meade, any Corner Pub around town, the Crow's Nest in Green Hills, or Johnny's Bar and Grill. As for at-home watching, I have Hulu through my PS4.

Latest posts